Menu
freddy47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Mac Book Pro continually drops my wireless connection

From looking at all the other comments on this topic, the only solution appears to be to leave Virgin Media.  Has anyone at Virgin Media actually managed to solve this issue as it is driving me daft!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Mac Book Pro continually drops my wireless connection

Hi freddy47, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your wireless connections. I know from my own experience that drops in connection can be a nuisance. I'd love to see if I can help you get this sorted so that your connection runs smoothly going forward.  

Have you been able to upgrade your macOS to Sierra yet as this is likely to resolve the problems you face? 

If you wish to know more about updating your Mac Book Pro please via the Apple Support page on how to do it [Here]

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
freddy47
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for coming back to me.  Unfortunately Sierra has made no difference.  The laptop works perfectly fine on other wireless networks - it only seems to me a Virgin issue.  Looking at the internet it seems to be quite common unfortunately and whilst I am not keen to move our contract it is feeling like the only solution.  Help is very welcome!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello freddy47,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry that upgrading the OS hasn't helped Smiley Sad

Does anything improve when you change the wireless channel? This article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency will show you how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos