Menu
kevcharben
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mobiles wont connect to Wi-Fi

In the last week or so I cannot connect either mobile to the Wi-Fi, I can however connect both Laptops with no problem.

Thinking it was a problem with the mobiles I connected at my local gym with no problem.

Yesterday I decided to go into the settings of the super hub to see if I could do anything (following a full reset of the hub) and discovered a guest Wi-Fi which I setup.

To my surpirse both phones connected and are now working, so although I can connect to the outside world I cant access my home network.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem

0 Kudos
kenmar1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobiles wont connect to Wi-Fi

Same problem. Got a Samsung Galaxy J3 . After much searching found that it needs a Hub 3 I have a  Super Hub. Asked if there is a charge to change but had no reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kevcharben,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for the wireless problems you're experiencing, I know it's frustrating. Have you tried changing your wireless channel? Very often this will improve the performance of your wireless network.

Let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kevcharben
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No that didnt help, I guess I will just have to live with it, at least I can access the net via the guest network.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that this hasn't helped kevcharben, :/

Are you struggling to connect while in close proximity to the hub?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kevcharben
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes no matter where I position the phone it only connects via guest network

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is that guest network just called "Virgin Media"? If so, it sounds like you may be connecting to a neighbour's WiFi instead.

As a test, turn off your own WiFi and see if it's still there.  The next thing would be to restart your modem to factory default and see if your own WiFi comes back.

0 Kudos
kevcharben
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi the guest network is setup through the HUB (3), so its not anyone else's wifi.

I have tried resetting the hub and restarting the hub on numerous occasions, I just cant connect to the normal network wothin the hub with either of my mobile phones. I can connect with two other laptops without any problem

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm slightly surprised that a guest SSID appeared without the Hub3 being deliberately set up for it. It certainly didn't happen with mine. As to the laptops connecting but not the phones that is also strange. Is the Hub broadcasting on both bands, and are the phones set for both bands?
When you reset the Hub, was it a full factory default?
0 Kudos
kevcharben
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I reset the hub using the a paper clip in the reset hole, holding for 30 seconds.

in regards the phones I dont know anything about the bands or how to find out, they just stopped working.

Just to clarify I setup the guest wifi to see if the phones would work with that and it did.

0 Kudos