Menu
susan1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting dns unreachable or unavailable

I keep getting a message saying dns unreachable or unavailable. What could the problem be
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting dns unreachable or unavailable

Hello susan1987,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the error message you're getting. Would you mind explaining a little more about this fault as I'm quite unclear on when and where you're seeing this message.

Please get back to us and we will happily investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
susan1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies I didn't complete question. What it is, I'm trying to install cctv with recorded box and trying to put the Internet through it so I can view it on my android phone but it keeps saying dns unreachable and network not connected. Just wondered if you help me as to what I could be doing wrong please or if I'm entering the ip and Mac address in wrong many thanks
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you post the make and model of your camera/box it would make life easier, along with a bit more background.  For example, does the camera connect to your network, or the recording box (possibly through an ethernet cable)?

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi susan1987, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with connecting your CCTV. 

As mentioned by MrHalfAsleep do you have the make and model of the camera available?

Additionally it seems you are affected by fault ref F004847397 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 05/04/2017. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.  

It also seems that your downstream power levels are way too high. I would like to get an engineer out to get this corrected for you. Details of how to book the engineer will also be in the PM. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos