Menu
Curtisbiffo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues with wi fi

Hi,

Our contract shall be due for renewal in June, since it was originally installed we have repeatedly had engineers call, as the first installation was confirmed to have been faulty. Since then the Wi fi has been problematic with downloads of 47 but wired connections 136. Recently virgin were to pull the line in the hope this would  resolve the issue with possibly a new box and router ( the latter has not been received) and no further communications. I would therefore  appreciate one final call out to attempt to resolve this as regretfully I may need to transfer back to Sky and will need to give notice , although I am hoping that virgin will finally fix this. Ps. The router keeps flashing green, not sure if this is normal

0 Kudos
hackneydave
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with wi fi

Before throwing the baby out with the bathwater, you and your VM engineer should check your in-residence wifi distribution. It could be that channel interference is reducing your wifi performance. Has anyone undertaken a wifi spectrum review? - is your AP using the same channel(s) as your neighbours? Also, if you have devices which work on 802.11n or ac, you could adjust the wireless signals coming from your superhub so that they are optimised for the devices,,

Regards,

David

David Smith | Blueyonder pioneer (2001) | Mac OS X Sierra, WIndows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, iOS and Android | Internal Distro via Ethernet Cat 6, 5 Ghz 802.11ac wireless and HomePlug Av2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Curtisbiffo,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless connection.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine.

With the wireless it could be due to interference. I'm sure you have already tried before, however does changing the wireless channel help? Or the capability of the device itself or only achieving 50 Mbps.

In regards to the flashing green light, do you mean the wireless light that is flashing?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Curtisbiffo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The engineers attended on thursday and it and it appears to have been a fault with the line.

thanks

0 Kudos
Curtisbiffo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thought I would provide an update it was a fault with line engineers discovered, when attending site.