Menu
fran3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't connect to my wifi on my iPhone 6

Hi,
I am having trouble connecting to wifi from like a meter away. If I want to connect to my wifi I have to be right next to it!! It is really annoying as I can not connect from anywhere else in my house where I need it.
If you have any help please let me know
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't connect to my wifi on my iPhone 6

Hi fran3

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy Apologies for the late reply on this. Is it just the iPhone6 that this is happening on? I'd recommend changing the wireless channel to see if this makes an improvement? 

Let me know how you get on.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
fran3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried changing the channel and it doesn't work. I can connect to a super hub but not a normal one.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey fran3,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Do all your other devices connection okay at home? Have you ensured that your iPhone software is fully up to date too?

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

fran3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have - I have the latest iPad which connects to the wifi fine anywhere in my house. Yes it is the software is out to date. I have found out that my phone will only connect to really strong wifi and not weaker wifi as if will connect to a super hub but not a normal router:
Thank you for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fran3,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You mentioned that the iPhone can connect to the Super Hub but not a normal router, are you connecting to a 3rd party router rather than the Super Hub? Is that what is causing an issue? 

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos