Menu
MiY4MOTO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 and Port Forwarding

Hi,
I recently upgraded from a 150Mb broadband package to the Vivid 200 Gamer and as such replaced my v2 Superhub with the Hub 3.0.

Previously, after some disastrous networking issues with the v2 hub at launch I retired hub to running in modem mode and set up a network using a WD N900 router, which was pretty flexible tho it had some wireless N issues.

Now I've got the Hub 3.0, I foolishly figured that they would have sorted out the issues with their router functionality, however...

Why can I not port-forward some pretty basic / common ports to enable remote access? I.e. 3389 for RDP and 5900 for VNC

Any attempt to use those ports (or even port 80) gives me;
"The local ports between 5900 and 5900 on IP [internal ip address] have been added as virtual server already, please try another one."

Is there a work-around? Am I doing something wrong? (I've got port-forwarding working on other ports; media server etc.)

Please don't tell me I need to go back to modem mode and using a router as I gave it away! :'-(

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 & Port Forwarding

MiY4MOTO wrote:

Please don't tell me I need to go back to modem mode and using a router as I gave it away! :'-(

But...you can buy another routerSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
MiY4MOTO
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Seriously!? lol

So the Hub 3.0 doesn't function as advertised, despite having options for port-forwarding and I'll have to go out and buy another router.  Wow.

Is there not a custom firmware I can flash this bad boy with to gain, you know, basic, expected functionality?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MiY4MOTO,

I'm really sorry that you're having problems in setting up port forwarding. However it should work for you on Hub 3. 

Would you please restore your Hub to factory default settings and then set up port forwarding again.

Let us know if the same problems recur so we can offer more support if needed.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
DeeToTheVee
Just joined
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting pretty fed up with the fobbing off you guys are doing on these forums. You keep feeding us lies and useless information like, "reset your factory settings".

If I suggested that to my manager as a solution for the systems and networks I manage, I'd be sacked. It's a complete and utter cop out.

I can't forward basic ports and you need to get it sorted. We pay you for a service you simply are not providing.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey DeeToTheVee,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry about the problems you're having with Port Forwarding.

We've found that adding the ports in ascending order helps, are you able to give this a try please?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

pauldeans
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OMG... That actually worked... **bleep**?!

So had to add 

and

And when I entered them in ascending order it actually took them fine without displaying the error i was getting previously. Had to start with a blank sheet so ensure you delete all your previous entries

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey pauldeans,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to know this has worked for you. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MiY4MOTO
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed that there had been additional responses to this, and what do you know... it actually worked?!

I mean, seriously, what the !@£$

Delete all records, and enter the ports you wish to forward in ascending order.

Crazy, but it worked.

0 Kudos