Menu
kickoff3p
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How long do Hubs last ?

How long do Virgin Media hubs last ? We've had ours now for a few years, I think it's a super hub and not long after they were introduced. Anyway in the last few weeks we seen a few problems with Wireless access. This is the first time really.

Last week I had to contact support because we could access via wireless, couldn't even see the hub. Eventually a reset with the old pin resolved that but before and after we are seeing the wireless network just drop off 3 or 4 times a night. 

Nothing has changed in 12 months from what we normally do. But it's getting annoying now.

0 Kudos
Airdawn
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long do Hubs last ?

Ring up and demand a new one. It took 3 phone calls and escalating to CS rep for me to receive a new one when mine did the same thing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello kickoff3p,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection.

When you notice the connection drops, do the lights change on your Superhub? It's possible that it could be on it's way out, everything has a self life. If we believe it's faulty we will happily replace it for you.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kickoff3p
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I think it's had it's day. I now can not get it to reset using the "pin in the hole" method and the password to login to the admin page does not work (might be just me forgetting it). I'm concerned as the twice this has gone pop that how VM support got it back online.
I need to know how I get a replacement sent as phoning 150 doesn't work either that seems to have a fault drops the line after a few minuted of button pushing (cause that could be my phone).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kickoff3p,

We would normally recommend you call in for Hub replacement or upgrade as customer service will be able to check your package at the same time, they may be able to offer you a better deal in the process.

Let us know how you get on.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kickoff3p
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes got the phone working and called the Support, after a bit of faff got them to send a new router. I asked about the activation of the router requesting the direct phone number and was told that is done online now. Sadly it took another 2 hours for the penny to drop and I'm now searching for the phone number to activate the router before I do the switch over :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kickoff3p,

Thanks for posting an update!

I've located your account and I can see everything has been activated successfully! How's the new Hub going?

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos