Menu
stevenkaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

High pitched noise from modem/router/super hub

We're getting a high pitched noise from our router, looking through the forum this is a common problem and has been going on for a number of years surely it should've been sorted by now?

How do we go about getting a replacement?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High pitched noise from modem/router/super hub

hiya, you can wait a few days for the forum admin to arrange replacement, which can take a few days, or contacting virginmedia direct via online chat or phone support guides for this on http://contact.virginmedia.com
i agree netgear needs a kick up the you know what, or who ever they subcontract
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya, you can wait a few days for the forum admin to arrange replacement, which can take a few days, or contacting virginmedia direct via online chat or phone support guides for this on http://contact.virginmedia.com
i agree netgear needs a kick up the you know what, or who ever they subcontract
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevenkaz

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your Super Hub is making a high pitched noise, I can imagine how annoying that would be.

I would like to get this issue resolved. As I was unable to locate your account, I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look further into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
glenito
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello - I'm having the same problem - hub makes a high pitched whining noise - can you help please?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenito,

Sorry to hear you also have a nosy hub. Could you let us know if it's the power supply or the hub itself that's making the noise and we'll get a replacement sorted?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
glenito
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I checked and the noise seems to come from the router rather than the power supply. The router seems to be getting quite hot too.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Glenito,

I'll get a replacement sent out immediately. It should arrive with you in 3 to 5 days.

Let us know when it gets there and how it performs.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

glenito
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Will do, thanks :-)
0 Kudos
Wuzzle
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue, been a few weeks but it's got much worse in the past few days. Router has a very high pitched frequency whine which is audible over the television. It's not the power source it's the router itself.
Can somebody from support please get in touch?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wuzzle

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that the Super Hub is making a high pitched noise. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

I would like to send you a replacement router. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can order this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos