Menu
david7992
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connection dropping intermittently-hub 3.

Good evening,

I've recently signed a new contract and been given a new Superhub 3 and I am so far having a nightmare.

I connect my upstairs PC via Ethernet cat5e and so far the connection has been dropping every minute or less. I know there's not a problem with the condition of the cable as it was working perfectly fine with my previous Superhub 2ac.

I don't plan on trying a different Ethernet as the current ethernet is routed through the house and under carpets etc. I have put this computer in the router's DMZ settings but this has not helped at all.

I've tried to reconnect my working superhub 2ac back up so I can actually use the internet on my devices, but I then have to go through the painful "Activation" phase again. Doesn't matter which port on the router I plug this ethernet cable into either, it appears that it will always drop. Cable is 50m long.

Is this a common issue with the new hubs? Been on the phone 4 times to the lovely Indian call centre (very helpful by the way!........... not Smiley Indifferent), one guy decided the "Call me back in 10 minutes" but never did...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

0 Kudos
david7992
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet connection dropping intermittently-hub 3.

As you can see, I don't have much luck with the new hubs http://i.imgur.com/nTj5XXj.jpg
0 Kudos
badkid
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

same problem here, i got my home broadband by the end of september, and been having same issue since then. I use wired connection and wireless aswell. I called almost every day to the call center and all i got was "it`s an area fault, it will be fixed in the next couple of days". Same thing they say every time but nobody fixed anything. I even got an engineer appointment who said "the signal was too low" but that didn`t fix anything. I checked the hub network log and all i see there is RCS Partial Service; No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync; and they say the problem will be fixed. Honestly i`m really tired of calling and getting the same answer again and again. Nobody is gonna fix this, best advice change to another internet provider, that`s what i`m gonna do aswell. Cheers

0 Kudos
david7992
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah decided to get virgin to put me back on the 2ac. Seems like the superhub 3 will just go in my pile of "routers that never worked".
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi david7992, 

Thanks for keeping us updated on your issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am pleased to hear that replacing your Hub 3.0 for a Super Hub 2 A/C resolved your issues, just remember if you need any assistance in future post back here on the forums and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos