Menu
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Engineer broke my connection!

Hello,

In very short terms.

1.30pm yesterday I had Broadband/TV, I left the house.

2.30pm I returned home to have 0 Broadband/TV

3.00pm I was informed by the gas company outside that Virgin Media had been outside my home and the engineer had the wires up.

3.15pm I call Virgin media to be told that they don't know who the engineer was or what he did, they can't get him to return? Tell me it'll work again in 24 hours.

6.30pm I was out and checked the Virgin media status for my postcode. It states that there is an issue with Broadband and TV, but it is close to being resolved.

9.00pm I return home, it is still broken.

06:00am This morning it is still broken.

12:00pm I call Virgin to enquire to when an engineer is coming out. I am told Tuesday at 4pm.

5 days later? 5 days without Broadband or TV when one of your engineers broke my Virgin services? And this is acceptable to you?...."There are no technicians in the area" What in the whole of Bristol there is not one technician who could pop to my street to fix what one of your engineers broke?

I don't really care if a technician has to cancel an install today...your paying customer is more important than getting new ones on the books I'm afraid. I have a lodger who pays me for these services and a little girl who watches cartoons and you're telling me we are without any Virgin service over the weekend?

So I'm sorry to say Virgin that as of right now you are being bad mouthed in the appropriate media channels to a larger audience. I'm a long time Virgin subscriber who doesn't just pay the basic, when I pointed this out and asked how I would be compensated I was told I wouldn't pay for the 5 days....well that's the least I would accept! What else you got? I'd be more happy if someone would just pop to my house and fix my connection........

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer broke my connection!

Oh my word thats terrible!!! thats so unlike VM engineers to leave you in a worse state than when they arrived...

0 Kudos
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If i had called them out fair enough, but to return home to be told they were there and now nothing works and no responsibility is being taken, i find that a bitter pill to swallow.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you shouldn't be reselling services.

you dont know the engineer did anything to break it.

you left with working services.
An area fault happened breaking the services. an engineer was sent to assess the fault.
You heard that an engineer was seen and ASSUME they broke it.

i'd make sure the bad mouthing takes into account your small view of whar could have happened .
0 Kudos
Pruney
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Best thing to do is to keep making a racket, ring up tomorrow and try again.

If you really are frustrated with the service, give the leaving department a call and see if they can do anything to help.
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

An area fault would probably have been reported by more than me, and when i put my postcode in I'd be told "yes there is a problem" it doesn't, it's all green and says "everything is working" when i log in and run a test on my router it tells me after 30% that my equipment isn't turned on. It is...there is just no Virgin data flowing in or out of my property. I've done that test 3 times today now and I'm not allowed to do it again.....

The facts are 1) My virgin worked 2) a virgin engineer had cables up outside my property 3) he left 4) my virgin services haven't worked since that time.

You're right, it is an assumption, it could be a coincidence, but I'm 99% sure the things are related.....

If it was an area fault and that engineer was sent to fix it, he didn't....and when i call up, why isn't that logged on the system where they can nicely say "yes Mr .......... we are aware of the issue and it's being looked at straight away"

The bad mouthing states the above.

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

"you shouldn't be reselling services."

Huh? what? where? when?

apcyberax wrote:

"you dont know the engineer did anything to break it."

And you dont know they did not.

apcyberax wrote:

"you left with working services.
An area fault happened breaking the services. an engineer was sent to assess the fault."

And where did you get this info from?

apcyberax wrote:

"You heard that an engineer was seen and ASSUME they broke it."

That would be fair to assume given the evidence and the amount of assuming your doing.

apcyberax wrote:

"i'd make sure the bad mouthing takes into account your small view of whar could have happened."

Good advice for yourself to take home.

Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sticking up for me there, I didn't think I was being unreasonable in what I had said, just stated facts.

Sadly in logging on to Virgin now I actually have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday evening....I think that's utterly disgusting considering I'm in a major city and I'm 99% certain they caused the issue. 5 days without Virgin service, maybe I should charge them for my 4G data usage over the weekend too......

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

For what its worth i think the VM engineer was either doing a repull on a cable and broken yours or was connecting a new service and disconnected you by mistake.. Thats a whole lotta assuming right there, will be intersting to see what comes about on tuesday.

0 Kudos
Dronuk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I don't think they will ever tell me what it was....all I know is I have no broadband or tv for 5 days, which over the weekend is pretty awful, and I won't pay for those 5 days. Does sort of feel like I've been given a bum deal though.

Virgin media vans are so common around my area as well, makes me laugh that no one is in the area...if I find one, I may well climb on top of it in protest!

0 Kudos