Menu
Requlz
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting from pc for a few seconds frequently

Got sent a Super hub 3 a few months ago from a Super hub 2ac and ever since i installed this my PC cant hold a connection while gaming, using skype, watching youtube etc. 

I've been in contact with the virgin team via phone 3 times and each time what the recommended hasn't once fixed the problem.

The connection drops for about 5 seconds then reconnects. While gaming this is a big problem as its near enough impossible to play when it will disconnect roughly 10-15 times each session.

0 Kudos
Varchola
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting from pc for a few seconds frequently

Hey,

Having the same issue. I believe it's the auto-negotiation between your computer and the hub. I've set my link speed manually to be 100mb/s and now it happens much less frequently and only disconnects for less than a second. Guess the hub really wants to talk at 1gig.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Requlz,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection difficulties you're having at the moment. May I ask if you're using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Do you notice if the lights on your Hub alter at all when you notice these disconnections?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
oldfield04
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem with the superhub 3. It was working fine until 4 days ago. After much reading up and testing I solved my issue by, like a previous answer says, changing auto negotiating to half duplex 100mbs. Tested streaming the xbox one and playing a game on the laptop. All worked without issue or any drop in connection. It did, however, seem to slow my speeds by half so am guessing this is because of the setting.

So it seems the superhub is dealing with speeds that are too quick for some devices, certainly for my laptop when wired.

I telephone VM broadband services who reset my superhub and told me everything was fine - even when I was watching my pc tell me that it was still connecting/reconnecting to the hub ..... fed up of them to be honest. It's just a way to spend an hour and get wound up lol.

So I have windows 10 and this is what I did: 

Right click on the windows logo and then open network adapters - right click on the adapter (mine is Realtek PCle Family controller)

Then click on PROPERTIES - then ADVANCED tab - scroll down and then click on SPEED & DUPLEX - 

In the drop down menu under VALUE find and click on the 100Mbps HALF DUPLEX and then click OK at the bottom of the box.

PC will disconnect and then reconnect but then with me held connection with no drops at all. However, like I said above it seems to cause my speed to half but become a lot more stable.

I hope this helps someone, I'm not tec savvie but dogged if nothing else. I will be ringing VM again next week to ask advice once again and also why this seems to have recently been happening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldfield04, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having troubles with disconnecting for a few mins on your Hub 3.0, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here, however I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response, you can find these by opening your internet explorer and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. Before logging in, it will say router status, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos