Menu
darenbeaney
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constantly losing WiFi connection on all devices

I've had issues with my WiFi connection from Superhub 2 for the last six months. Have called many times and been told "don't worry sir I'll sort this out for you and it will never happen again", to only find it lasts a few days before I'm back in the same situation. I have 2 problems the SSID for both 2 & 5 GHz isn't visible and thew router lights look fine, wired connection works fine.  The second is the WiFi intermittently drops.  As I work from home occasionally I had to invest in a network plug to maintain reliability.

Nothing has changed, same Android, Windows and IOS devices.

The most annoying bit is I had to push hard to get 2nd line support to only be told I would have to put up with it and reboot the router when it happens, which is at least 2 times a week.

I'm fed up with calling for support because they just repeat the process each time. I don't want to buy another router to resolve this as I'm paying for a service that I expect to work.

Any ideas how I can sort this before I go for the final option and cancel my Virgin Broadband?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly losing WiFi connection on all devices

Hi darenbeaney, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that you're having some troubles with your WiFi connection dropping constantly, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested things from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, would you include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for us to compare with the data we have here.

Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if this helps things?

Also, here's some great information on getting the best wireless network signal.

I look forward to hearing from you, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
darenbeaney
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks, I've made numerous calls and they e tried different channels, i've also tried differnt channels however when the Wifi stops broadcasting, it's both the 2 & 5ghz that disappears at the same time on all devices, the hubs lights don't indicate any issues and all light up as expected. We are also starting to experience issues with the MAC filtering, its not preventing Wifi access based on the time frames I've entered.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi darenbeaney,

Thanks for updating the thread with this information.

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing some trouble with this.

I've had a look into this for you and can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to investigate this further.

Remember to ensure that someone of the age of 18+ is present in order for the visit to go ahead as planned.

If for any reason you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment you can:

• Call 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
  • Visit My Virgin Media.

Would be great to know how the visit goes,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos