Menu
fw
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connection intermittent

Our 2G broadband connection keeps going down. We are in the BH15 area. Normally this happens around lunch time and sometimes it comes back on again later in the afternoon or early evening. When I phoned a very patient technician went through a whole series of tests with us for about half an hour before giving up and suggesting we wait to see if it came back on by itself. The next time it happened Virgin sent us a new router but we still have the same problem with an intermittent connection. I've tried switching the router off and on. Does anyone have any other suggestions please as Virgin seem not to know what else to do.
0 Kudos
Ewilkes
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband connection intermittent

This happens to me every night - they offered no solution but when I asked to cancel my contract so I could go somewhere that this didn't happen they said no. Apparently you have to pay even though they can only provide the service some of the time!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi fw, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with intermittent broadband connection, I apologise for any troubles incurred. I will do my best to help resolve this for you.

I have tested things from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs, and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser, typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before you log in, it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner. Click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, when the connection drops is there any notice - able changes to the Hubs light sequence.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ewilkes, 

Thanks for posting to tell us that you're also having the same issues every night. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tried to test your connection from here but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos