Menu
ritarua
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 Speed issues to be continued...?

This is getting frustrating.... A reported fault in November that was going to be fixed in December... Here we are in the end of January and this will only to be solved in February...

Is it really? Or do we keep paying for a service that is not successfully provided? 

0 Kudos
arborlinden
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Speed issues to be continued...?

Its not just area 21 same applies to area 22 and Bristol area. Seems to be virgin policy to sign up more and more customers knowing that the feeds do not have the bandwidth and just hoping old customer loyalty and inertia will keep them paying for 1/50 of their normal speed long enough for the new customer revenue to pay for extra bandwidth to be installed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya ritarua,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth. The reference number is F0034444101 and has a review date of 29th March.

I also noticed the downstream power levels are too high at + 16dBmV and as this will also cause an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recommend that you give them gyp over this 'review date'. Ask whether at that point they will have reviewed the remediation works so far conducted or will they review whether or not then is the time to start works.

The 'review date' is a meaningless term unless accompanied by the current actual planning status.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos