Menu
foddersin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5GHz Signal but No Connections

Hi,

I have been a customer now on Virgin for around a month now, and I have just started having problems with the Hub 3.

I think the hub has just updated it's firmware, and now I am not connecting to the hub in the 5GHz band, although I previously used to.

The settings seem OK and I have checked the signal using a WiFi scanner on my Galaxy 7 and it shows a signal is being transmitted.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
foddersin
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 5GHz Signal but No Connections

I have factory reset the router, and told my Galaxy S7 to forget the network and then connected again.

Seem to connect accordingly to 5GHz now.

Best Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
0 Kudos

All Replies
ade555
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Go to your galaxy settings and click to forget network, then search again, enter your password then try it. Maybe your router needs reset is well.

0 Kudos
mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem with my 5GHz devices not always connecting to the 5GHz band on my hub 3. I had the hub 2 previously that showed both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands as 2 independent bands in the wi-fi list and could select the appropriate band for the device being connected. Hub 3 shows the 2 bands as 1 connection and should automatically connect 5 GHz devices to the 5 GHz band, problem is it does not do this consistently. The easy way to stop this happening is to go into the router settings and rename the 5 GHz band (I just added 5GHz to the existing name). After you have done this both bands will show in your wi-fi list and you can force each device to use the correct band. 

0 Kudos
steviebee57
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, am having the same problem. I spoke to someone last night and he told me that the internet was turned off at 9pm for some reason or other could not understand what he was talking about. If this is a permanent this think I will go else where

0 Kudos
foddersin
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have factory reset the router, and told my Galaxy S7 to forget the network and then connected again.

Seem to connect accordingly to 5GHz now.

Best Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
0 Kudos