Menu
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

200mbps upgrade with no Superhub 3.0?

Just logged on to my Virginmedia account and have a message to tell me that my internet has been upgraded to 200mbps, with a button to click to "learn more"

When I click through it seems to be suggesting that I need a Superhub 3.0 to take advantage of this? Is that right? I'm currently on a SH2. What should I do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 200mbps upgrade with no Superhub 3.0?

Oh that's good then, you don't have to call in about it then. 

Yeah, that message about the hub 3.0 will be a generic one as VM are in the process of trying to move all the customers who have broadband over to hub 3.0's.

Btw, the bit you want to check for speed info is in Router Status -> Operation Configuration. Take for example the values from my hub (I have Vivid 200 Gamer):

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 210879
Max Traffic Rate 230426000

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 210878
Max Traffic Rate 22000000

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All Replies
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The superhub 2 should be able to do 200 meg.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bobbydriver wrote:

Just logged on to my Virginmedia account and have a message to tell me that my internet has been upgraded to 200mbps, with a button to click to "learn more"

When I click through it seems to be suggesting that I need a Superhub 3.0 to take advantage of this? Is that right? I'm currently on a SH2. What should I do?

Either accept the deal as presented or call in and ask to have the 200Mb config deployed to your Superhub 2. It can handle 200Mb no problem, but you may have to be a bit pushy about the request and you'd best make it through Option 4 -> Option 5. Keeping in mind that the aforementioned Customer Relations option is open 8AM to 8PM M-F wise.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - or I can ask for a new SH3?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bobbydriver wrote:

Thanks - or I can ask for a new SH3?

The hub 3.0 has a lot of problems, that aside, if you go through the learn more page that would hopefully lead to process in which the hub 3.0 could be ordered. If it doesn't, you'd have to contact customer services and get them to send you one out - make sure they know that it is part of your free speed upgrade (that was how you got the 200Mb or wasn't it?), so that they don't recontract you for 12 months after making the request.

How did you go about upgrading to 200Mb? Normally if you were waiting a free speed upgrade, you'd order it through My VM when it was ready and a newer Superhub would be included in the order at a £5.99 postage cost

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm slightly confused. As far as I know I didn't order 200mbps - it's just a general upgrade that they have applied to everyone in the area? That's what it implied on the account page when I logged in Says:

Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online.

Says this month on my bill that my BB package is Vivid Optical 200 Fibre, whereas last month it said it was Vivid 152 Optical Fibre

Just did a speed check and I appear to be getting around 180/190mbps download speed

My SH2 admin page says

Standard Specification CompliantEU DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version3.11
Software VersionV1.01.31

So does that mean I don't need a SH3 and I'm getting 200mbps just fine?

Actually edit: Just realised that it dates back to June and I must have ordered it, because I found an email from June saying I did. Don't remember doing that though. I guess the splash on my account page doesn't need to be there 6 months later, and the confusing implication that I need a SH3 is what threw me

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh that's good then, you don't have to call in about it then. 

Yeah, that message about the hub 3.0 will be a generic one as VM are in the process of trying to move all the customers who have broadband over to hub 3.0's.

Btw, the bit you want to check for speed info is in Router Status -> Operation Configuration. Take for example the values from my hub (I have Vivid 200 Gamer):

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 210879
Max Traffic Rate 230426000

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 210878
Max Traffic Rate 22000000

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I don't get those options on the SH2, and I can't see any similar figures in any of the advanced menus

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer