Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
JACOBiiTE
Helpful Answer

Multimedia messages.

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I recently moved from 02 to Virgin and I am trying to set up my mobile, with 02 I had it set up so if you received a picture message you could view it straight away on your mobile but now with Virgin I need to go online(virginmobil.co.uk) to view it.

I have been onto the Virgin media site and had the picture messaging settings for my model of mobile sent to my mobile twice, but both times I received a picture message after and had to go online to view them.

Any help/tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks.

PS: I also following the instructions and put all the info in manually and still just get a message telling me to go online to view the picture)

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
rayhipkiss

Re: Multimedia messages.

To get MMS to work correctly you will first need to send yourself a picture message to "activate" the service. Afterwards, you should then be able to receive picture messages as long as you have mobile data (3G) turned on.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JACOBiiTE

YOUR A LEGEND, Thanks very much :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
rayhipkiss

No worries. Glad to have helped

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
sharrattm

[ Edited ]

thats worked for me too, its odd that you have to send yourslef an mms mesaage just to get this basic feature working (i didnt have that problem on orange or formerly 02)....

but it works, thank you

..the annoying thing is that  when i got my bill, Virgin (have the cheek to) charge you the 40p for sending a mms to yourself, just in order to get this working on your phone.

Please use plain text.