Menu
verybusymum
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

miss informed about end of contract

Hello

My 24 contracted ended or so I thought , earlier this year. i spoke to a guy in the local virgin store about it, saying I didn't want a new phone,I just wanted to carry on paying for the unlimited part. He told me the tariff price would reduce to around £10, as I had now paid for the phone. However this hasn't happened and they have continued to take the full amount. Having been a customer from the very beginning, I feel this is really unfair and i should be reimbursed for the higher rate.
Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: miss informed about end of contract

Hi verybusymum,

I fear that you may have been misinformed.

Whilst it is true of the new "Freestyle" contracts, once your phone is paid for you are just left paying for your tariff (allowance of minutes, texts and data).

With you having finished your 24 month contract, I feel sure that it will be of the older type (Virgin launched the Freestyle around November 2014).

With the old style contracts your monthly payment will continue unless you request a change upto one month before the end of your contract period.

If you don't contact them and make alternative arrangements, you will continue to pay the same.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi verybusymum,

I fear that you may have been misinformed.

Whilst it is true of the new "Freestyle" contracts, once your phone is paid for you are just left paying for your tariff (allowance of minutes, texts and data).

With you having finished your 24 month contract, I feel sure that it will be of the older type (Virgin launched the Freestyle around November 2014).

With the old style contracts your monthly payment will continue unless you request a change upto one month before the end of your contract period.

If you don't contact them and make alternative arrangements, you will continue to pay the same.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Verybusymum,

Thank you for coming in, welcome to your Virgin Media Community Smiley Happy

I hope you've had a good look around. I'm sorry to see that there's been some communication error here and that the right information is certainly needed.

If you're looking to reduce your bills and have run out of your contract then SIM only deals are great. They give you peace of mind you're getting the best deal without the extra cost, and to add, it's a rolling 30 days so you can leave anytime Smiley Happy

The Freestyle contracts have this built in really so no need to go on to a SIM only deal but contracts before November as AlexKid has mentioned would be best on SIM only deals Smiley Happy

I hope this has helped and thank you for your time, I know you must be busy Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos