Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (70 Views)

i want to reduce my credit limit on my mobile

I've logged into my account an dnowhere can i find how to mreduce my credit limit. Obviously the company don't want you to do it easily!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (62 Views)

Re: i want to reduce my credit limit on my mobile

As in the over spend amount you can do? From when I was trying to get mine changed, what I did was call the main support line. For you that'd be a call to 150 or 789 or even 0345 600 0789. Ask to be put through to the Collections Team and then ask that team to put through a request for your credit limit to be changed. It will be considered by a back office team. You'll need to call back in after a specified amount of days to find out if the request was approved.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (33 Views)

Shelke wrote:

As in the over spend amount you can do? From when I was trying to get mine changed, what I did was call the main support line. For you that'd be a call to 150 or 789 or even 0345 600 0789. Ask to be put through to the Collections Team and then ask that team to put through a request for your credit limit to be changed. It will be considered by a back office team. You'll need to call back in after a specified amount of days to find out if the request was approved.

Thanks Shelke, That sounds like it is a way of making customers jump through hoops. surely you can reduce your credit limit on line. getting them to pick up on the phone takes ages. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 6 (30 Views)

kevinlewis wrote
:

Thanks Shelke, That sounds like it is a way of making customers jump through hoops. surely you can reduce your credit limit on line. getting them to pick up on the phone takes ages. Thanks again

The credit limit is something VM like to keep control of, esp. since considering that they maintain their own internal credit rating of all customers, so it doesn't manifest as an adjustable account control unfortunately. Take a look at the topics complaining about credit and credit rating, you'll see how VM are obtuse about anything credit related.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (15 Views)

I would have thought that reducing it from £150 to £30, which is what i want to do in case my phone gets lost or stolen, should be an extremely  common thing to do. What about parents not wanting their kids to exceed their credit limit? Okay, I will give them a ring, when i've got hour. Thanks again. Kevin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 6 (9 Views)

Hi kevinlewis,

unfortunately it's not something that you can do yourself and will require you giving customer services a call on one of the numbers Shelke provided.

It should be a simple request but I believe that the minimum is £50 rather than the £30 you were hoping to reduce it to.

If you can, please post back how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos