Menu
dillypants
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how do i remove old mobile number from my account

want to remove number from my account as i no longer have it ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i remove old mobile number from my account

Hi dillypants,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having trouble removing your mobile number online.

Due to the nature of this query we would need to speak to you over the phone. Please call us on 789 or 0345 6000 789.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How ridiculous is that! You can't even do something as simple as that online with virgin. You really do infuriate people with your crazy totally customer nonfriendly ways!!!!!!!
murphy777
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I agree

0 Kudos
AnneY
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

THIS IS RUBBISH!!!

I have a number on my Virgin Mobile account which is from a Virgin SIM card I bought in ASDA, which came pre-loaded with £5 credit. It has never worked, so I bought another cheap Virgin PAYG phone and used that instead. Looking at my account tonight I see that the £5 credit on the Virgin SIM card I bought in ASDA is now £0.01, so someone else has been using the number. I have tried to remove it from my account but cannot do so.

Seeing as my Virgin Mobile account had my bank card details attached for ease of top ups (I have 3 other mobiles with Virgin) I was concerned that whoever was using that number could apply top ups to it via my bank card, so I have just deleted the card details from the account. It's a nuisance but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

I then called the Virgin Customer Support number given above and spoke to a call handler, who told me that a number cannot be removed from a Virgin account! She said it's just not possible. She even went to check with her line manager and came back and repeated, not possible.  She did say that she could suspend the number so it could not be used, and that I needed to agree a password with her to do that. I have done this and she tells me that the number will now be suspended from use. So whoever is using it will no doubt be cursing tomorrow.

What worried me particularly was that, before I called Customer Service, I could do nothing with the account for that number, as any edits were rejected on the basis that there was a business order in place for the number. Any such business order is not one made by me! 

Having a flash of inspiration I used Google to search for the mobile number and  I found that it is being used by a charity in London (I am in Cumbria and am not a charity!) so something clearly is VERY WRONG hereHow this charity can be using a mobile number from a SIM card that I bought in ASDA in the north of England is a question that I would like to know the answer to! 

I am so concerned at this matter that I am going to speak to OFCOM in the morning, as I am quite sure this should not be happening. Meanwhile, all my mobiles are going to be switched from Virgin Mobile at the earliest opportunity, as this sort of incompetance is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AnneY,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry about this. This sounds very odd and I'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

Are you able to PM me your mobile number, full name and three characters of the password you logged?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the send me a message option.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos