Menu
weason334
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

change direct debit details

I have been trying to change my direct debit details on line .As i have changed my bank and the account that virgin has on record is no longer in use,I keep getting the following message,(We are currently unable to change your Direct Debit details at this time. This could be due to a recent update, for example.) can anyone help me resolve this ,thanks  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: change direct debit details

Hi weason334,

are you able to call and speak to Virgin customer services:

789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

They would be able to change your details for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi weason334,

are you able to call and speak to Virgin customer services:

789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

They would be able to change your details for you.

Abacist
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also find the Virgin Media website hopeless regarding trying to change direct debits!

I have just opened a new bank account and need to set up some direct debits on it to qualify for interest so last month I tried.  No go - its locked as I owed last months bill and the direct debit had not been taken so I made a note of the date when it would have been paid so I could then make the change.  I tried again when the time came and lo and behold they've taken last month's payment but issued another bill immediately so there's no time to change the direct debit.  So this time I paid the bill by debit card last night on the promise that after payment my account would be credited within 12 hours.  Tried at various times today to change the direct debit but the payment has still not been credited to my account nearly 24 hours lateran I'm running out of time to make the change before I go away and that'll mean another month of lost interest on the bank account.

The system really needs to be more user friendly!  Anyway I've at least now cancelled the old direct debit so Virgin can't take any more money until they let me set up a new direct debit.  Why do they make things so difficult!

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abacist,

I'm sorry that you have had such difficulties getting your direct debit changed via your online account.

Please let me know if you are still having problems with this so that I can look into this for you. I'll need to verify your details so I'll send you a private message requesting more information. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards, 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abacist,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your online account service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

scarpe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is totally impossible to change direct debit details via the website.  I get the message that I must pay the amount owing first (but there is nothing owing as I pay by Direct Debit). I can't do this over the phone as I am number dyslexic and am bound to get my updated bank details wrong.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi scarpe,

perhaps you could try web-chat: Help and Support - Contact Us 

The advisors are usually busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(I recommend using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

0 Kudos
ngoc_2512
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P,

My bill date is 12th, the payment date is 29th. Can I change my direct debit on 11th?
Thanks,
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ngoc_2512

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

You are indeed able to change the date of your direct debit.

Give our team a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and they will be happy to help.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos