Menu
orlandobelle
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Email Address

The email address associated with an account was changed 2 years ago.  All correspondence goes to the new address except the monthly billing notification.  Any idea why? I am unable to log into the online account and do not wish to ring Virgin due to past poor expereince

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Email Address

Not all of the account would have been updated with the new address then, it happens sometimes, esp. so with billing details being overlooked for amendments.

The favicon.png Forum Team here can amend details like that for you, but the time to get a response from one of them is about a week or so.

There is also the WebChat, but if you're unsatisfied with the support from the phone line side, don't expect too much from the WebChat. The page needs to be accessed with a desktop or laptop device and the hours for the mobile WebChat options are M-F 8AM to 8PM, 9AM to 5PM. Go with the route of Mobile -> Your account -> Chat Online. Reload the page every three minutes and check again if it tells you the agents are busy. Ask them to amend the email address details, specifically in the billing details part of the account.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
orlandobelle
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.
I've been trying the chat for weeks off and on but there's never anyone available.
Why is there no email option!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whenever there are email options up, they get swamped, not just with emails of an expected query type, but lots of random queries too from people looking for any email address/email form to use to avoid calling in.

They used to have a billing support email form accessible through the WebChat page. When I tried using it in the past, the wait times were horrid and it was rather complained about, so I wasn't surprised when it got taken down.

The official line I read regarding why no email is: "being able to chat to an agent online is a better customer service experience than support via email" (to those words, roughly.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi  orlandobelle, 

You say you can't log in to the online account? Is this because you've forgotten your login details? If so, use the 'forgotten your email address and password' link to gain access. Once in your online account, just go to the 'billing' tab. Select 'change now' from the right hand side of the page and then 'want to change your setting?' From here you can choose to have your notification sent to your new email address or by text.

Unfortunately if you're not able to access your online account after this, then your only option will be to speak to an agent as they will need you to pass security.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi orlandobelle

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your eBilling.

Did you manage to follow the steps the community has suggested to get this sorted out?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help