Menu
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why do Virgin make it difficult to speak/email to anyone who cares?

I've been with Virgin for over 15 years. In the past I've had problems and they have sorted them out. Over the last few years I've had problems with my mobile phone service and my bills being incorrect due to their admin errors. Whenever you try to deal with the problems, you get people who don't understand or care, so you have to keep pushing until you eventually get through to someone who does actually care. They sort it out and you carry on.

However, the struggle seems to get more and more difficult each time. The barriers that you have to overcome get more and more difficult. I know there are people at virgin who care but they seem more and more difficult to get access to.

I have two current issues. Because of the above difficulties I haven't yet bothered them about the fact that they have suddenly reduced my tv channels and yet started charging me more without any explanation or warning. I will either deal with this later or will just close my account, depending on how I get on with the more pressing issue with my mobile phone: I have spoken to the 'thinking of leaving us' team, who didn't care that they were offering me less than their competitors for more money. I have tried on-line chat, (after finding that, despite stating that existing customers get a better cheaper deal, they are offering the same package for less to new customers), they apologised for not being able to change the new-customer price (!) and suggested that I phone (again) or on-line chat (again) to someone else.

They said that there is no email address for customer service/complaints.

I have gone through all the 'contact us' options on the website. There are 3 options that could be relevant, other than the one I have already tried: two are constantly busy and the other is the same number that I have already tried. 

Virgin obviously don't care about keeping existing customers any more, so I will be leaving them as soon as my contract ends in January

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do Virgin make it difficult to speak/email to anyone who cares?

Hi chevrons2

I'm really sorry to hear we weren't able to provide the package you wanted as an existing customer. I can certainly understand the impact this has had on you. If you wish to raise a complaint we have our Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice which outlines the steps involved.

If there is anything further I can do to help you then please let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave_B but that's not really answering the question in the heading and I suspect that you lose a lot of customers (existing and potential, due to disgruntled customers spreading the word) because you make it difficult for people to contact you to deal wirh anyone that might be interested in helping. If such contact was easier, your customers wouldn't feel the need to go through your complaints procedure. If they did, isn't that a bit late? If they've got that far, even if they're aware of your complaints procedure, they may well consider that leaving is easier, especially as your competition has increased and you are not as competitive as you used to be.
Over the 15+ years I've been with NTL/Virgin, there were three reasons for staying loyal:
1): You were competitive (and sometimes unbeatable).
2): If there was a problem, you sorted it out.
3): You used to give the impression that you valued me as a customer.
Those three things have gone, so what's the point of staying?
curlyinspace
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand your problem in not being able to speak to someone Chevrons2. I have been trying continuously for the past two days to contact Virgin by their 'chat' preferred option and they are continuously busy. I will also be reviewing my mobile phone contracts over the holiday break with a view to changing to another provider.

0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No further communication from anyone at Virgin then?

0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

chevrons2 wrote:

No further communication from anyone at Virgin then?

I'm STILL waiting. (Not only for an answer to the question that the heading asks).

Despite repeatedly asking Virgin to acknowledge my complaints and give me some indication that they are not just ignoring them, I am still waiting.

Apart from spending several hours on the phone, attempting to use the on-line chat system (which is either too busy or closed), and requesting information from a Virgin representative here, I have also sent emails to various customer service addresses that have worked in the past: All of these have bounced back!: It seems that Virgin have closed all email access for customers. Another indication that they want to avoid having to deal with the problems that they cause to their customers by making it as difficult as possible for their customers to contact them.

0 Kudos