Menu
Foxysynt
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail set-up

Hi all - I know (from looking back through the forum) that there can be issues setting up voicemail on iPhones. However I'm falling at the first hurdle - dialling 222 isn't even working! I've spoken to Virgin but they just keep giving me alternative numbers for 222 which still don't work! Anyone else had this issue? Any possible solutions to try?

Thanks! 

Z

0 Kudos
sifromearth
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail set-up

I AM FURIOUS WITH VIRGIN!!

I have only been a mobile customer for a few days and already want to leave. They ported my previous Three number across but I am unable to access voicemail on 222 as it advises the number is not available. I can make, receive any other calls without any issue.

After 20 calls to Virgin over the last 36 hours, I am left completely frustrated as no-one can resolve my issue or give me any advice. When I call and ask for a manager they put me on hold for 30 mins and then cut me off!

They say the voicemail was suspended for some reason and it will work in an hour if I restart my phone but it's still not working. I've been told this 10 times.

They promised callbacks on a few occasions but no-one has called - even though they tell me that they tried calling me 5 times!

Now all of a sudden, any email I receive on my phone give an error advising "cannot open your email" and its deleted from inbox (not in deleted items either etc.

I am at my wits end.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I work in IT so can imagine its a difficult fix

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Z

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with trying to set your Voicemail up recently.

What happens when you try dialling 222? What service have you got with us too? Pay monthly, sim only or pay as you go? If you check your iphone settings, under Voicemail is there a number? If so, what is that number?

I'd also like to take a closer look at your account if you're still experiencing this issue, to allow me to do that could you respond to the private message I've sent wtih the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Laitz
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't agree more with you!!!! So angry and infuriated at Virgin Mobile. I can't believe I left my previous network for this.

I've only been with them for a few days and I've NOTHING but problems, and endless phone calls to customer service.

Late delivery, which meant them sending out another SIM 6 days late.

After changing my number over - which they said would happen on the 9th, didn't ACTUALLY happen until 13th. 

I can't access my 4G, I called up, they said it was "pending" and definitely guaranteed it would be by the end of today, and I expressed my previous experience of changing my number over and the delays, and the woman reassured me and said she would call me once it had happened - STILL NO CALL AND IT'S 11.32PM.

And I can't set up my voicemail either. I get constant error messages. This network is a shambles.

0 Kudos
rich6
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, 

I've just ported to Virgin using my old handset and am also hitting this problem.  I've called customer services several times, who have tried to "reset" my voicemail, but I still can't get through on 222. I just get "I'm sorry, but your call can't be connected at this time... "

Can you help me resolve this?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laitz,

I'm sorry that you've experienced so many difficulties getting your mobile service working. I have responded to your original post here: New phone cant find 4G only LTE (previously worked fine). Please reply to this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rich6,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your voicemail service. Sometimes it can take 24 hours after the number port completes for all the services to update and activate on your phone. 

Has this been sorted out for you?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dawny41
Just joined
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having problems setting my phone up for voice mail. I have rang a few times now and getting the same answers all the time and it does'nt work. I have tried the 222 which says can't connect come back later and thn tried the full number as it is still the same. Why won't it work. can anyone help me with this matter ?

0 Kudos
markawhite
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

im also having trouble with this.  no voicemail.  tried for 2 days liasing with customer service who advise the account needs updating and they promise to call back but never do.  im now coming to end of my contract and thinking of changing to plusnet mobile as they are cheaper and more important their customer service is rated the best.

can anyone help set my voicemail up as it just says same as others have mention "were sorry but your call cannot be connected at the moment.  if this problem persist please call customer service"...

thanks

0 Kudos