Menu
Jillejarvis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin PAC code process

Beware! If you request a PAC code, from Virgin Mobile, they give you the code & IMMEDIATELY change your pay monthly contract (for which you pay the monthly charge in advance) to PAYG, even though you should legally be allowed up to 30 days in which to use your PAC code, thereby having the option to use your contract for the duration of the 30 day notice period which you are obliged to give. I believe   that being given no option about being transferred to PAYG means that you should receive a refund for any remaining, prepaid for, contract time. Not only does this refund not happen but instead Virgin insist on being paid for a 30 day contract notice period whilst you are on the PAYG tariff which you haven’t had a choice about being transferred onto!  Therefore Virgin Mobile customers are not given any option to use the contract period they’re forced to pay for! How can that possibly be legal?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin PAC code process

Hi there, apologies for this.

When you call to cancel and give your notice your tariff is usually removed and changed to pay as you go by the next refresh date.

Did you request the code close to your refresh date?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Jillejarvis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan

No, it was at least a week before my refresh date that I requested the PAC code but the change to PAYG had happened by the end of  my call to request the code!

PLUS, why is it Virgin’s policy to transfer their customers to PAYG at all in these circumstances?

A/ A lot of customers, who might change their mind during the 30 days that PAC codes are valid for, decide that, having been transferred to PAYG anyway, they may as well leave because it’s less hassle than contacting Virgin again to start up a new contract?

B/ It cannot be legal for Virgin to charge for a 30 day notice period if they do not give their customers the opportunity to use their contracts during their 30 day’s notice period!

Jilly J.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The team would always transfer the number to PAYG so you don't continue to be charged as if it didn't you would still have an active contract on there.

Have you been able to get this resolved since your last post?

Nathan B

0 Kudos