Menu
alip
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

VAT invoice for Virgin Media Finance

Hi,

Coming to the forums as I'm being sent round in circles. I need a VAT invoice/receipt for the finance agreement I have for my new handset. The agreement was set up in October, but have just realised (now first payment gone out) that I haven't seen a VAT invoice - and as my mobile is through my business, I need one.

Note: I'm not talking about VAT invoices for monthly bill - I get those through my online account. But the SEPARATE online account for the finance agreement for the handset only shows payments... nothing to do with VAT.

Who do I ask? 789 sent me to the finance team, who sent me back to 789 to get the security key for their online portal - but there is no VAT option, and that web page suggests I go back to 789 again. There must be an easier way - 5 phone calls and counting! Smiley Frustrated

Tags (2)
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: VAT invoice for Virgin Media Finance

I'd be interested in the answer to this. I've just had a new phone/  credit agreement & assumed I'd be able to download VAT invoices. As you say, they're easily obtained for the airtime payment but nothing seems available for the credit agreement. There's a lot of VAT to claim back if I can get an invoice.

Come on Virgin, give us an answer. 

0 Kudos
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've just had my first bill. It shows the monthly airtime payment plus the total for the credit agreement & itemises the total VAT. I'm assuming the subsequent bills will just show the airtime amount so I'll have to claim the VAT in one go now rather than each month.

Alip, have you checked your bill yet?

0 Kudos
alip
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes - download the bill (and VAT invoice) every month - and nothing showing. The bill only shows monthly airtime (with the VAT component for that). Eventually - after 6 (I kid you not) separate phone calls to 789, the final person I spoke to seemed to know what to do.

Some earlier calls sent me to the standard bills page, and I couldn't get the person on the other end of the line to understand I'd already tried that... and one kind person even reset my password (in the sense of "You can't see it on the webpage? Login again - I've changed your password to xxx and sent you information on how to manage your account online.") I was also redirected to Virginmedia Finance, who apparently should know, but didn't - they sent me on a wild goose chase to a separate web page for the loan (it shows what you owe, a schedule and a count-down of payments but no VAT, and it took ages to get the login details I needed to log in to that). :-)

It _may_ have come in the original package (a paper copy), but as I'm so used to getting everything online, I possibly didn't look too closely!

Anyway - the final person I talked to has had to fill in a small form and pinged it across to the "FreeStyle Team", who will send me a VAT invoice/receipt. It's knowing the terminology they use, isn't it? :-) It is coming by email, so I'm expecting something today or tomorrow (don't know how long it takes to generate...)

0 Kudos
alip
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hmm... well, it sounded good - but it's taking a very long time for an email to generate! Absolutely nothing so far...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi alip,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm sorry you haven't yet had a resolution on this and I appreciate how frustrating this can be for you.

I've stopped by to see if you've heard anything further? It's been 8 days since your last post but because of the holidays it's taken a little longer to respond I'm afraid.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
alip
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No, heard nothing. Had a very helpful (or so it seemed at the time) instant chat with someone who said she'd arranged for a VAT invoice to be sent to me by email (I have kept the transcript but don't want to put names here...) - but I haven't had anything arrive yet. I was told it should be with me in 24-48 hours, but it still hasn't arrived.

I will need it soon - I need to do my VAT return shortly after we get into the new year as the period runs from 01 September to 31 December...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi alip,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand the urgency of this.

I'll send you a private message to gather more information. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Look forward to your prompt reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
alip
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know nothing has arrived yet. I appreciate Bank Holidays will have got in the way - I sent you PM on Wednesday, I assume Thursday was at least a half-day normal working? Assume I can expect something today/tomorrow?

0 Kudos
alip
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Les01889

Hi - still trying to get this invoice/receipt. :-)

Can I ask... were you already a Virgin customer? (I'm wondering if somehow because the airtime was *continuing* and not *starting* that the invoice was missed.)

0 Kudos