Menu
kemi321
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sign in and contacting virgin

I wonder if anyone experiencing the frustration when try to log in. I have changed at 10 times my password within the last one years. Each time, I change the password and logon, the password doesn't work next time. For example, I have changed the password 15 minutes ago and was able to log on to the virgin mobile site. Logged off and trying now, it doesn't like the password I just changed 15 minutes ago. I tried to change the password and the screen asked me 'memorable word'; now that is my mother's maiden name which the virgin media advisers always confirm if we speak over the phone. But hey, this memorable word is not accepted over here either. My phone got cut off due to non-payment. I called 150 and was told to call 789. When I call 789, there is a message that tells me to call 789. I tried to make online payment twice and after entering the card details and press Next, the page breaks down. Am I the only one experiencing this weird stuff.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sign in and contacting virgin

I'm not with VM on the mobile side, but what I can say is:

The lack of ability to call 789 when cut off due to non-payment is a due a profile issue, the tech. team would need to make some adjustments to your account to correct the fault. I have however read here that in some cases if you try repeatedly to call 789 while in arrears, it will sometimes connect. Besides that, it sounds like your account needs a lot of its details adjusted (due to them not being accepted.)

When calling 150 it should give you the option to choose whether you're calling about a broadband/tv/phone query or mobile and you can choose the mobile option. Though it'll be the issue of your account in arrears leading it to tell you to ring 789.

You can ring 0345 600 0789 from any other phone to get through. And you can get support through the Contact Us page: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ -> go with the mobile option. Choose a sub-option like Mobile payments. Click Chat Online. If all agents are busy, either reload the page every 3 minutes and check again or wait for a usable chat prompt to show - use it. Ensure you do this between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. From a desktop or laptop device.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
kemi321
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. When i call 150, there is a recorded message that says to call 789 and by calling 789, the message is again played. I tried the online chat but it keep saying that all agents are buys, please try again later. I work from home and need to go out and borrow someone's mobile to call them. What a pity. Their website has some serious issues as I change the password and when try to go back, it simply doesn't like it. All sorts of non-sense happen on their website..But any thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kemi321

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of bother with your online account and getting in touch with the team to make a payment.

I just wanted to check if you've been able to get this sorted or if we can still offer some assistance with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos