Menu
peteandsally
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous Bill!!!

A few months ago on-line I changed my wife's mobile package...basically increased the Data allowance from 1Mb to 2Mb...had unlimited texts and around 1000mins - price increased from £9 to £12 per month...simple...NOT!!

Had a message about 3 weeks later on wife's phone advising the limit had been reached - went on-line to find a bill for £198!!! On talking to Virgin Media they advised I had updated to a 2MB Data tariff only - no mins and no texts. I have been arguing with them since that this was not the case...I'm 100% sure the tariff I chose had unlimited texts and either 500 or 1000 mins - in fact I have 3 other mobiles with them and when I go on-line and look at the available tariffs on all 4 there in no tariff available which is 2Mb Data only - all have some mins and all have unlimited texts. I try to explain this to Virgin and they basically are saying I'm wrong...have reduced the bill by £50 and I'm supposed to be grateful!!

I've threatened to cancel all 4 contracts but still wont listen...3 times I've been told..." I totally understand and will speak to my manager about what we can do and I will call you back directly" - but no call-back - the only calls I'm now getting are from the billing debt advising they may put in the hands of a debt collection agency and may result in a bad debt on my credit rating!!

I've been with Virgin Media for years and years and I'm disgusted in the treatment I'm receiving - any advise...I feel I'm going to have to pay otherwise will have a poor credit rating.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ridiculous Bill!!!

To break that down for the sake of clarity

There are NO sim only deals for pay monthly contracts. All have minutes and texts. The 12 quid tariff corresponds with exactly what you THOUGHT you were getting- 12 a month, 2Gig (not mb) of data

There are contracts with JUST data for mobile devices (tablets etc)- but a 2gig per month data only costs 8 quid a month.

For once, VM's TOS work in your favour. You can ONLY be offered a deal that exists. According to the website , there is no 12 quid a month 2Gig deal. Ergo they have made a muckstake- assuming you've checked your bill and your data allowance is 2Gig and the charge is 12 quid.

Confirm that with me Ill escalate to staff for you. Cant promise anything but if its clearly wrong, there should be something can be done.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To break that down for the sake of clarity

There are NO sim only deals for pay monthly contracts. All have minutes and texts. The 12 quid tariff corresponds with exactly what you THOUGHT you were getting- 12 a month, 2Gig (not mb) of data

There are contracts with JUST data for mobile devices (tablets etc)- but a 2gig per month data only costs 8 quid a month.

For once, VM's TOS work in your favour. You can ONLY be offered a deal that exists. According to the website , there is no 12 quid a month 2Gig deal. Ergo they have made a muckstake- assuming you've checked your bill and your data allowance is 2Gig and the charge is 12 quid.

Confirm that with me Ill escalate to staff for you. Cant promise anything but if its clearly wrong, there should be something can be done.

0 Kudos
peteandsally
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi - It's a running monthly contract...sim only...here is a copy of the details from Oct Bill where we had this issue -

Your tariff: Essential
Your allowance: 2GB Mobile Web
Your tariff price: £12.00
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ill escalate to staff for you. It will Monday before its picked up for you, just to let you know.

0 Kudos
peteandsally
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that...do you need the number.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

peteandsally wrote:

Thanks for that...do you need the number.

Hi peteandsally,

don't display private details on a public forum.

As Kippies has flagged this for you one of the team will be in touch and any request for personal information will be via PM (the little purple envelope, top right).

AlexKid :-) 

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi peteandsally,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with changing your package, which has generated a large bill. I'm glad to see that @Kippies and @AlexKid have been able to give you advice about this.

I would like to look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
chrisdxb1
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Similar experience............just moved to Virgin and have returned from an overseas trip during which I neither made nor accepted any incoming calls.  Now have a bill for £273 for a 2 hour call to the UK that doesn't appear in my call history.  Three calls to Virgin now and had the same response 'I will talk to my Manager and someone will call you back'  sounds like this is a stock answer for issues theyre not going to deal with.  Cancelling contract and DD, maybe they will listen then, but who knows.  I have same concerns over Credit History which at present is perfect.  How can a business run itself like this????