Menu
rory32
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Refurbished handset warranty?

Hi

Bit of a saga but I'll summarise:

LG G3 sent for repair in warranty. Without phone for approx 3-4 weeks until UTL said can't fix.

In that time contract expired and rolled over but cost stayed the same!?

No G3s in stock so replaced with refurbished s4 which was faulty from receipt (no doubt with the same faults the previous owner sent it in for).

Rang for replacement /repair - told G3 on account so can't book repair until UTL update my account to show the s4.

A month later nothing progressed.
Having spoken to Virgin Mobile the call handler and manager insisted that replacement handsets took on the original handset's warranty so it can't be replaced without costing ~£170.

Point 2 on this page says otherwise:
http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-mobile.html

Basically I'm without a functional phone due to UTL taking so long my contract ran out. I have now left partly because of this and partly because I was still being charged the same despite the phone having been paid off!

This doesn't stop the legal obligation Virgin and UTL have to provide goods fit for purpose.
0 Kudos
rory32
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refurbished handset warranty?

Please can someone reply to confirm if refurbished handsets have a 6 month warranty and then arrange for a replacement of the s5 which arrived faulty.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rory32

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your handset repair.

I know it's a few days since you posted, so I just wanted to check if you managed to get things sorted out?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rory32
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not yet Mark, thanks for replying.

I'm awaiting the record of my account as I'm told the record doesn't show the original phone being received within the guarantee which is partly why the replacement of it was delayed (as UTL/Virgin) didn't realise they had it. My call in November should show me chasing the repair though.

Basically if it hadn't have been delayed I would have been able to raise the replacement as being faulty within contract.

Regardless of that the Sale of Goods Act requires it to be fit for purpose yet Virgin still won't fix or replace it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rory32

Thanks for your response on this.

I'm sorry to hear you've not got this matter resolved yet.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos