Menu
N1tch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Out of data banner on my account??

I pay over £20 for an unlimited everything account. Planning on changing to a sim only deal I checked my account and saw the "you're out of data" banner and the £2 per day charge for future unlimited data. Called Customer Service and was told this would be implemented on next refresh date. I was given the number for cancellation/retention who told me this was not the case. A sim only with possible loyalty bonus was discussed to at least equal the other deal I had found online which would half my monthly payment only to be told a credit check would have to be done. I have paid by DD to Virgin Mobile for years so I don't understand why this is needed. Can anyone explain? 

0 Kudos
N1tch
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of data banner on my account??

Having mulled over the offer made last night I called retentions this morning and was told that there was no record of the offer made to me and that the best that could be done was a £3 reduction on the virgin sim only deal. As this is still more than the plusnet deal I guess that after 15 years it bye bye Virgin.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi N1tch

Thanks for taking the time to join our community. I'm sorry about your experience regarding the change of the package. I'll be sure to feed this back to the right team but if you require any further assistance please let me know.

Take care.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi N1tch,

We are looking into the out of data banner issue and would appreciate if you could help.

I've sent you a pm with more details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos