Menu
hungledink
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ordered 2 sims by mistake

I ordered 2 pay monthly sims by mistake. I've phoned twice now trying to return one but on both occasions I was advised I didnt need to return it, the sim will automatically cancel after 30 days if I dont use it.

Is this true? My concern is that I set up a direct debit which is due to be paid in the next 2 weeks. I dont want to be charged for a sim I wont be using.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered 2 sims by mistake

hungledink wrote:

I ordered 2 pay monthly sims by mistake. I've phoned twice now trying to return one but on both occasions I was advised I didn't need to return it, the sim will automatically cancel after 30 days if I dont use it.
That would be true for PAYG SIMs, but pay monthly deals carry on if you leave them past the 14 day money back guarantee, therein you would be locked into two contracts rather than one contract.

Call back in again and tell them to cancel the other pay monthly SIM - by ringing 789 or 0345 600 0789. There's also the sales team number who could probably help: 0800 064 3847

As to returning SIMs, that's not required. The other one would simply be canceled and then you'd bin it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordered 2 sims by mistake

Hi hungledink,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you had problems getting one of your Pay Monthly SIM cards cancelled. It's great to see that Shelke given you great advice about this.

Has this been sorted out now? If not, please let me know and I can check into this further for you. I'll need to confirm your details first, so I'll pop a private message over to you. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos