Menu
mounfield
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Number failed to port properly and nobody in the Virgin Mobile team seems to be doing anything to help

I called Virgin Mobile last Thursday to port my number across from ASDA mobile. I was told it would happen on Friday and I received a text to say it would happen on Friday. On Monday the number was half ported in so much that I can make a call from my old number, but I can't receive calls, and have no SMS or mobile data functionality. When I reported this on Monday early evening i was assured it would be fully ported by midnight. Not so. I called again yesterday and was told it would be escalated as a matter of urgency. Still not working. When I called today I was initially put on hold for 20 mins before the line went dead, and then when I did speak to someone they insisted the port had completed on Monday and that everything was working okay. It was only when I managed to persuade them to call the number that they admitted there was a problem.

I still cannot receive calls. I get the distinct impression that nobody at Virgin Mobile knows what's going on. Either that or nobody cares. Which is annoying and frustrating. I wish I hadn't bothered and am only posting this in the faint hope that someone monitoring the forum is able to help. If so, please contact me so we can try and get this sorted.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number failed to port properly and nobody in the Virgin Mobile team seems to be doing anything to hel

Call virgin again on 0345 6000 789 choose the option for phone faults issues, you need the tech team, explaining the issue to the should enable them to contact EE and see what the issue is, virgin use EE and it's one of the problems with a virtual network that everything has that extra hoop to jump through and it increases the failure rate as a result of this
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number failed to port properly and nobody in the Virgin Mobile team seems to be doing anythin...

Hi mounfield

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your number port.

It's a few days since your message, I just wanted to check if this has been sorted now or if you still require some assistance?

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mounfield
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number failed to port properly and nobody in the Virgin Mobile team seems to be doing anythin...

Happy to report that my number did successfully port in the end - 7 days after the initial port date I was given.

After a week of nothing I found some advice on the forum about sending a complaint email to the Chief Executive. I didn't expect this to achieve anything but did so as a last resort. The following morning I received a reply from the Executive team to say they would try to resolve the problem. Less than 4 hours later the problem was resolved. If anyone else is having problems and banging their head against a call centre brick wall, I would advise they Google the Chief Exec's email address and do the same.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mounfield

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear it came to that to get this resolved for you, but I'm glad it has been sorted now.

If there's anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos