Menu
Jordanjjn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No warning texts when I went £26 over the phone bill for the month

Hi, so recently I have accidentally gone over my phone bill by using my data too much but this was not intentional. I did not receive the usual 'you have used 75%' text so I was unaware. However the my account app had said I had 0mb left. Now, me thinking this was a bug in the app or something decided to call up 789 and check my monthly balance through there and I got a pre-recorded error message so I was unaware I had gone that much over my bill and was not contacted about. I am not the one who pays the bill for the phone I would like this resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks, Jordan.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No warning texts when I went £26 over the phone bill for the month

Hi Jordanjjn,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem with going over your data limit.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'll need to take more details from you first. I'll send you a private message for this so just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jimzy101
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar issue with my 11 year old Daughters Phone (I am the Account Holder).  She did not receive warning messages about her data being used and therefore would subsequently be charged.  As a result I have just had to pay a £32 bill when it should only have been £6.  I have made 3 phone calls to VM to complain about this and request a Refund.  Each time I got not reply.  Finally I was told that this would not be credited.

I find this really unfair that due to technical issues by VM, a child's Account has been charged £26 extra.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimzy101,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving notification SMS's for your data usage. This is an automatic text sent out for our pay monthly customers. If you continue having problems, we could try you with a replacement SIM card, but there isn't a setting on your account that switches these notifications on and off.

If you aren't receiving these texts, there are other ways to track your usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage

Also, please see our online Help & Support page: Managing Your Account for Virgin Mobile. As responsible lenders, Virgin Mobile do not allow a child to have an account, so the adult account holder is responsible for the usage and mobile charges that are incurred on that mobile and credits will not be given for breaching the data allowance.

You can apply a maximum bill cap of £50 on the mobile, as well as apply some of the suggestions provided above or on our Help & Support page to better manage the data usage on the phone.

I have a teenage son on a Virgin Mobile that I pay for, so I understand very well how quick the data allowance can go in just a few days after the refresh date and how frustrating it is when you're hit with a big unexpected bill due to the data allowance being breached.

Let me know if you continue to not receive the data usage texts on the mobile and I can arrange a SIM replacement to see if we can get this fixed for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos