Menu
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Sim-Only Delivery

Evening all,

Been with Virgin at home for 14 years, and mobile for 2. We have just upgraded, and decided to take out 2 PM sims so that our daughters could take over our old handsets. I placed the order yesterday, and the emails we got stated that we would receive them today via Yodel. I have spent the whole of today (Saturday) waiting in for them to be delivered. At the time of writing (6:30pm), I've just got off the phone to Customer Services who, after half an hour, stated that they will be delivered via Royal Mail in 3-5 days.

Not happy about losing the day waiting for these to be delivered....

0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim-Only Delivery

Also, as a side note, I've just noticed that I'm being charged for both sims for line rental from the date of ordering, as opposed to the date of receipt. Again, not a happy bunny about this part either!

0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The SIMs are sent via the Royal Mail from what I am aware, so you may need to wait some more days for them to arrive. As billing is done advance, the payment cycle starts before you receive them the SIMs through the post. If you had ordered handsets+sims then it would have gone out via Yodel. SIM cards are very tiny, fit through any letter box in the world and aren't expensive items which need signed for, hence the use of Royal Mail.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
chansm79
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't have an issue with them being sent via Royal Mail as such. I do have an issue with receiving an email stating that they would be delivered via Yodel on a Saturday though, then being told about the RM option when i called up.

From the billing side, I'm being charged for up to a week of line rental per SIM before I've even received them. Again, that isn't right.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

chansm79 wrote:
I don't have an issue with them being sent via Royal Mail as such. I do have an issue with receiving an email stating that they would be delivered via Yodel on a Saturday though, then being told about the RM option when i called up.
I passed feedback along about that Yodel mention to get it looked into (for correction.)

From the billing side, I'm being charged for up to a week of line rental per SIM before I've even received them. Again, that isn't right.

You could always call in about it after you receive the SIMs and ask for a credit to be applied to cover the period the SIMs weren't in your possession. I'm not sure if they would be OK with this or not, but it's worth the ask.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos