Roaming does not work.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My account abroad

hiya @Daveygranules welcome to the virginmedia community forum, would need to check a few basics:
enabled roaming on your virgin mobile?
enabled roaming on your virgin mobile account?
have you recently joined virgin mobile, if so you normally need to have a £50 deposit with virgin mobile to get roaming enabled..
are you in a EU country?
what make/model of phone do you have?
what happens when you try and access your account via wifi?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Daveygranules welcome to the virginmedia community forum, would need to check a few basics:
enabled roaming on your virgin mobile?
enabled roaming on your virgin mobile account?
have you recently joined virgin mobile, if so you normally need to have a £50 deposit with virgin mobile to get roaming enabled..
are you in a EU country?
what make/model of phone do you have?
what happens when you try and access your account via wifi?
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Daveygranules
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No roaming has been activated. I know i cant roam without all the messing about beforehand.
I know roaming now costs virgin money so you make it well difficult for people to use it. I know most virgin customers who try to roam don't get the service anyway even after all the hoop jumping beforehand so i didn't bother.
(I am in Holland with my father and he did all the hoop jumping...does not work...he is very angry btw)
Why can i not access my account via wifi? Why does it have to be via a 3g or 4g connection?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

again what happens 'what happens when you try and access your account via wifi?' 'have you recently joined virgin mobile' , 'what make/model of phone do you have?' is roaming enabled on both your account and phone?, since can only offer advice based on what you post..

*edit* just so you know i'm not a member of virginmedia staff 

0 Kudos
Daveygranules
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Been with vm since 2012.
Just got s7 edge.
Says turn off wifi and use 3g or 4g connection which i do not have.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daveygranules,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your roaming service and accessing your online account. 

Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and send the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos