Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (233 Views)

Mobile account problem

I have a full set of accounts with VM plus Mobile.  However last year due to VM being unable to change the numbers on my mobile phones to the correct ones (They were reversed so my phone was shown as my wifes and vice versa.)

I left VMM and got as good a deal elsewhere.  However in an attempt to persuade me to have a different sim they sent me a new one but with a new number which I declined. never used and sent back.

This sim is still stuck on my account and I get monthly emails telling me there is no charge. I have tried twice to get it removed but am told its deactivated so they can't do anything.  I have asked for systems to be contacted and clear/delete it but no contact.

Today's customer service girl, told me she could delete my email so I wouldn't receive anymore but couldn't refer the problem to systems etc etc.

For a tech company they are completely useless,  They advertise new super-hubs and when you ask for an upgrade as yours doesn't perform so well as you expected they tell you the new and the old are exactly the same!  Some bad possibly illegal marketing practice going on here.

I can't wait for the end of my contract so I can go Free and cancel all VM accounts.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (367 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

Re: Mobile account problem

Hi Ernie16,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with a deactivated account. 

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so I can look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

Hi Ernie16,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. Checking this, I can confirm that the account is deactivated and you will no longer receive further correspondence regarding this. 

If you are having issues with your broadband connection, please pop a post on the broadband board in the Community and we'll be happy to have a look the problem.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

[ Edited ]

Hi Ernie16,

Thanks for your question via PM about your deactivated account. This does mean that if you want to use a Virgin Mobile/SIM in future you will need to contact our Sales team on 0800 064 3847 to set up a new contract and account.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (368 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

Hi Ernie16,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with a deactivated account. 

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so I can look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (336 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

Hi Ernie16,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. Checking this, I can confirm that the account is deactivated and you will no longer receive further correspondence regarding this. 

If you are having issues with your broadband connection, please pop a post on the broadband board in the Community and we'll be happy to have a look the problem.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (333 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Ernie16
a week ago

[ Edited ]

Hi Ernie16,

Thanks for your question via PM about your deactivated account. This does mean that if you want to use a Virgin Mobile/SIM in future you will need to contact our Sales team on 0800 064 3847 to set up a new contract and account.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos