Menu
McGarvey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

I am on the verge of leaving Virgin after countless years. I feel like I have been lied too and Virgin have gone back on things that were in writing. I have 4 mobile contracts (for myself, wife and 2 kids). All in my name with 2 ending at end of July. I have been told by Virgin in my account, by text and in a call from a foreign call centre that I am out of contract NOW and I could upgrade. The foreign person wasn't able to match what I can get elsewhere and tells me to call 789. I call retentions to be told that I am not actually out of contract and it is one big error that they have it plastered over my online account and been phoning me and my wife daily. I can if I wish buy out my remaining contract or go onto a 12 month sim only deal or wait till start of July and go onto the 30 day sim. It is nothing short of some of the worst customer service I have ever received and the persons attitude was questionable. I have 4 phone contracts, broadband , tv and home phone, get it sorted or SKY here I come

Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

Hi MCGarvey,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear there's been a mix up with your contract ending dates. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

You could check your contract dates via your online account here. When you click on the relevant mobile under the section overview next to your device it will show your contract expiry date.

There is also a section under extras relating to upgrade offers which would indicate if you are due for an upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
McGarvey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had all of the glitz on my account telling me I was out of contract and to pick an upgrade. I have had the daily calls from your foreign call centre in their best English telling me I am due an upgrade now it has all changed.  So it was in black and white and then you tell me it was a big error. Virgin can ram it and kiss goodbye to £180 a month.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

McGarvey wrote:

I have had all of the glitz on my account telling me I was out of contract and to pick an upgrade. I have had the daily calls from your foreign call centre in their best English telling me I am due an upgrade now it has all changed.  So it was in black and white and then you tell me it was a big error. Virgin can ram it and kiss goodbye to £180 a month.

Most if not all mobile providers will allow you to upgrade a month or two before the end of your contracted term. If you do accept an upgrade you will be locked into a new 18 or 24 month contract with immediate effect.

Far better to decline such offers and wait until your contract is complete. You should then be automatically placed on a rolling 30 day contract (although on a slightly higher tariff - loss of loyalty discounts - loss of bundled services etc.)

You can then look for a better deal from your current provider, or look elsewhere, knowing you have only to provide 30 days notice to quit.

Your money, your choice, although many providers don't want you to see it that way.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
billb61
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have followed you instruction to find my end date for contract but there is nothing there

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi billb61

I do apologies regarding this situation and appreciate how frustrating this has been for you, and thank you for keeping us updated on the forum.

Given the fact it's been mentioned the online account is not showing the date you require the only other way to find out the contract end date would be to retry our teams on 789.

For security reasons we are unable to give out this information via the forums and I apologies for asking to to ring in again.  It would be the fastest way to get the information you require and it would be great if you could give them another call.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if there is anything else we can look into for you.

Kind regards 

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tbone1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin I'm on the same road

Been with and put up with lies and deceit for years I been with them from day one

but the last straw is them stealing my credit when I paid £15 a month for big talk tarrif

then get arguments as to why they keep doing of which they admit ?

only to argue the toss for ages get no where or get cut off 

or promised faithfully my money back just to get off the phone from me knowing I will never be able to talk to them again

and not typing the full details promises on their computer so there's no come back on them #crafty liars

one lady said her name was kurt neve at the Gmb building (probably all lies as well)

GIVE ME MY MONEY YOU STOLE VIRGIN MEDIA 

McGarvey wrote:

I am on the verge of leaving Virgin after countless years. I feel like I have been lied too and Virgin have gone back on things that were in writing. I have 4 mobile contracts (for myself, wife and 2 kids). All in my name with 2 ending at end of July. I have been told by Virgin in my account, by text and in a call from a foreign call centre that I am out of contract NOW and I could upgrade. The foreign person wasn't able to match what I can get elsewhere and tells me to call 789. I call retentions to be told that I am not actually out of contract and it is one big error that they have it plastered over my online account and been phoning me and my wife daily. I can if I wish buy out my remaining contract or go onto a 12 month sim only deal or wait till start of July and go onto the 30 day sim. It is nothing short of some of the worst customer service I have ever received and the persons attitude was questionable. I have 4 phone contracts, broadband , tv and home phone, get it sorted or SKY here I come

0 Kudos
Tbone1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And virgin don't answer my tweets either even when Richard Branson just tweeted "listen: it makes you smarter"? #joke
Take a leaf out ya own book and tell your staff "to listen but also help not lie or decieve
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tbone1,

Thanks for posting.

I have responded to your post here for you.

My reply explains how I can help you out with this.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos