Menu
grizzler
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Late payment of bill, max 14 days grace period??

So I am a bit baffled in terms of the service which is provided.

Normally, if you have unexpected circumstances you would be allowed up to a month grace period if you set a promise pay date, Vodafone has this for example.

However, I've been talking to support and they are claiming that the system would block me out after 14 days are there is nothing they can do  Really? It won't even be a month I am requesting for. I just want to have the option to pay it on the 1st of September, but no. My service will be suspended in  two days because of your system "won't allow it". I'm changing providers if this is happening, as this is just awful compared to the others out there.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late payment of bill, max 14 days grace period??

I dont really understand what your issue is? You are being given 14 days grace. Thats what the system is set up to do.Broadband and TV cuts off a coupel of days after missed payment.

HOW would staff extend that for you? They have to work within the confines of the system. I mean they can input your promise to pay but if its outwith VM's criteria, you get cut off.

I mean I get the point that other networks may offer a longer grace period, they also offer differential pricing and different packages. Might be an idea to switch to PAYG if your are having issues meeting your advised billing date, as late payments can cause issues with credit in the future. PAYG has no such constraints.

0 Kudos
grizzler
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have explained what the issue is.
I'm not happy with the short grace period, when others seems to be able to extend far longer and also are able to manually add an extension, which I'm sure Virgin employees could do as well instead of following a procedure book.

That and still no 4G, but that's another matter.

It's all about customer service and looking at it with a human perspective sometimes you can go above what your meant to do to give that little extra.

And please don't lecture me about trying to pay my bills in time, I'm sure you or anyone else for that matter have come across an situation where you had to prioritise differently because of situations outside your control, asking me to switch to PAYG when I've paid in time up to now seems a bit rude to be honest.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Where did I lecture you on paying your bills on time? And how is it rude to give you advice to look at switching off a tariff that is giving you issues? 

VM employees don't HAVE a magic "switch the system off just for this customer" button, they go by what he systems  tell em. I mean I hear what you are saying about having some discretion but the fact is very,very few companies allow "discretion" in this day and age.  Its "computer says no"

Iv been there myself, a year or so ago my circumstances changed and my broadband package was more than I could manage, so I changed it. I don't do DD's so I don't have a phone contract, I use PAYG. I have pre payment meters for utilities.  It means Im not under pressure to meet an arbitrary date a supplier sets for me, which works better for me.

If you don't want advice, don't post on a community forum. 

No one on here (including staff) have the power to change VM's systems..

grizzler
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All I'm saying is that I'm not happy with this compared to other companies, I've been with one where their systems would lock me out automatically but they understood my situation and said I should just call in and they would manually unlock me with no problem what so ever.

I'm allowed to express my views on this and say why I'm not that pleased with the service.
0 Kudos