Menu
umshanka
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet usage

For some reason my mobile phone keeps connecting to the internet once every hour..! Even when I'm asleep..!!! When I look at my bill it says 'using the internet' at virtually the same time every hour...e.g. 2:09...3:09...4:10..etc. Does anybody know why it keeps doing this..? I would be grateful for any feedback..thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet usage

My wife's windows phone is exactly the same, a few kb's on the hour every hour day and night :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Normal for a smartphone to use a little data at intervals, not usually a problem unless you have no data allowance left, turn mobile data off on the phone if need be.

On the hour regularly, sounds like a windows phone ?
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
umshanka
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Teabag...it is a Windows phone..! It's not using all my data..so isn't costing me..was just a bit worrying...never used to do it when I first had the thing...!!! lol. Must be something I'm doing..will look in to it. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My wife's windows phone is exactly the same, a few kb's on the hour every hour day and night :-)
0 Kudos
phonecom
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also have this issue.

If the phone is connected to wifi at home, why is it using data?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So many reasons it could be why.
Could just be the way operating system is designed to work normally, location services or any of the apps you have installed?
0 Kudos