Menu
CatD
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to use my old number with the new smaller sim card-Changed phone (android to iphone)

Hi Just got new iphone 5s from Virgin as an upgrade.

Old sim card did not fit so I put the small one that came with phone in.

I did ask to keep my old number but this new SIM card is for a new number.

How do I get the phone in my old number please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to use my old number with the new smaller sim card-Changed phone (android to iphone)

Hi CatD,

are you sure that the new SIM that came with your upgrade phone is active with a new number?

Usually with an upgrade phone if a new SIM is necessary it will require you to activate it by sending the text READY to 789678 from your old phone & SIM.

You should receive a text back saying the request has been successful.

Your old SIM will deactivate and some time after your new SIM will become active with your existing mobile number and tariff.
(Any change of tariff will take place at your next refresh date).

If this is not what has happened and you have indeed been given a new mobile number I suggest that you contact customer services 789 / 0345 6000 789 as soon as possible and explain.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to use my old number with the new smaller sim card-Changed phone (android to iphone)

Hi CatD, 

Welcome to the community!

Has this been resolved for you? If this is still ongoing please get back to us and we can check your account for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly

0 Kudos
CatD
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Virgin did send new SIM with new number and this has been a nightmare. I have had to return new phone with new SIM and get a replacement which has now come with SIM with my old number. However I followed your instructions (text READY) ans got text back saying could not activate call 789 from mobile, But now neither the new phone nor the old phone has service. Losing the will to live here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CatD

I am sorry to see this has not yet been resolved.

I would like to take a closer look at the issue for you and will shortly send you a PM with further details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos