Menu
Nathan5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Haven't received sim but being charged anyway

I ordered a simple only contract on the 3rd of March. After I received two automated emails one of which said it would be here on Saturday the 4th and one said it would take up to 5 working days. It is now the 8th and no sim card has arrived which is fine but today I received a bill stating that I'm being charged for my 1st month of service starting from the 5th. I don't understand why already being charged and am not yer receiving a service? Can't the contract start from the day I actually activate my sim?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Haven't received sim but being charged anyway

The sims are normally sent by regular post so they don't know when you have received them.  They therefore start the billing from the day they expect it is likely to arrive.

If the sim hasn't arrived you will need to contact Virgin Media to make them aware of this and I'm sure they will adjust the billing so you are not paying for the time you don't have a sim to use their service.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The sims are normally sent by regular post so they don't know when you have received them.  They therefore start the billing from the day they expect it is likely to arrive.

If the sim hasn't arrived you will need to contact Virgin Media to make them aware of this and I'm sure they will adjust the billing so you are not paying for the time you don't have a sim to use their service.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Nathan5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK but normally when receiving a new sim card you have to activate it. Don't you have to do this with virgin? If not I understand but if you do they know exactly when it was activated.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you do need to activate the sim in order to use it, but I believe they still automatically start the billing after a set period of time regardless.

-

0 Kudos