Menu
tonibach
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hard of hearing and Virgin Media

I got through to the media who just sent me back to the mobile page and told me to press the button to chat online. I was pressing that button on and off for 3 hours and still never got to speak to anyone. The only options for hard of hearing are that button which is a waste of time, text phone which I don't have or you can sign through webcam which is fine if you know sign language. We need at least an email address, where is the harm in that.

0 Kudos
tonibach
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hard of hearing and Virgin Media

Further to the above, I have now been clicking on the online chat button for 8 hrs over 3 days, how much more do I have to click to get an answer to a simple question. If ever there was a call for action, this has to be it. The chat button doesn't get a response, I don't have a text phone, I am hard of hearing so cant phone without problems and I don't sign so the webcam is no good either. What is wrong with a simple email address. I am now going to have to write and wait a week for the answer to a simple question that would have taken 1 minute.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If this is a mobile phone account question just post it here and it'll get dealt with? The only thing that can't be dealt with on the Forum are detailed billing questions. Privacy concerns rue this out on a public forum.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tonibach wrote:

text phone which I don't have

You don't require a text phone any more to use what used to be called Type Talk.

Next Generation Text now have options for computers, smartphones and tablets.

http://www.ngts.org.uk/

Using any of these devices is supported by Virgin Media for calling about both cable and mobile services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
tonibach
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I'll write, tried to set it up but I have to ring someone on an 0800 number first so I am going to have to get someone else to do that when I get time

0 Kudos