Menu
Kourakis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HOW can I contact Virginmedia WITHOUT calling (e.g. via a CHAT window)?

Ref. mobile phone:

HOW can I contact Virginmedia via a CHAT window?

I would appreciate a DIRECT www link please, if at all possible. (Not just "visit the website and ...")

I can't seem to find a <chat> window on your website.

Otherwise: HOW can I contact Virginmedia WITHOUT having to resort to phone calls? Email or chat? (Due to a hearing impairment problem, I prefer to avoid phonecalls, actually.)

Thanks in advance.

Yannis

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOW can I contact Virginmedia WITHOUT calling (e.g. via a CHAT window)?

Unfortunately at present there is no Chat Online Option for mobile queries under the Contact Us page: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ - it may make a reappearance in the future.

You can use that page for non-Virgin Mobile queries though. Keep in mind the following:

* Use a desktop or laptop device to access the page

* Most of the options are limited to 9AM to 5PM hours

* If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes or so and check again. Or leave the page page open until you get a chat prompt on screen.

* Not for use with Virgin Mobile queries

* Example path: Contact Us page -> TV -> Loss of my TV service. Click the Chat Online button.

As to other Virgin Mobile contact routes, this page lists alternate contact options for those hard of hearing etc: http://accessibility.virginmedia.com/mobile.html

Or you can post a letter in about your query.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

......or post a letter? You cannot be serious?  

If virgin media want to be seen as a modern media then is it not time it had an email address for queries or complaints? Never mind a chat line. 

It is a serious downside to your service. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Off_switch wrote:

......or post a letter? You cannot be serious?
Sometimes I wish I wasn't

If virgin media want to be seen as a modern media then is it not time it had an email address for queries or complaints?
VM used to offer limited email support for billing matters (and a few other things too) via the old version of the Contact Us page. It took 1-2 weeks to get a email reply back from them asking you to verify a detail or two. Then a further 1-2 weeks per reply from it. And they were notorious for not accepting valid customer details as verification. I ended up complaining about my two attempted uses of it. VM probably pulled it due to all the problems and delays associated with it. This was in late 2013.

Some while after that VM had an email form for complaints. By the looks of topics by people who posted about having used it. It was getting inundated with stuff that could be resolved by a quick call in. The staff dealing with complaints were probably not happy about that I imagine. The email complaints form got removed too eventually.

Never mind a chat line.
Even when there were Chat Online options for Virgin Mobile stuff it was pretty much constantly busy. People complained in the mobile section repeatedly about never being able to get through to an agent.

Chat online options may return for Virgin Mobile queries. And VM's recent interest in how customers contact them shows they are evaluating this side of things, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Contact-Us-Survey-Two/m-p/2903667

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos