Menu
tcber
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Endless problems with mobile account

I'm having an issue with mobile account which has been ongoing for months. I've spoken to people on the phone, on chat, none of them have been able to help so i'm turning to here. I keep getting told to 'wait and it will sort itself out', but this hasn't happened.

I have a virgin mobile account which i setup when i purchased a sim only deal from virgin, i have the login details written down etc so am sure they are correct. I get my bills emailed to me, my bills get paid via direct debit, i'm able to view account on the mobile app, so no problem there. The issue:

When i try to log in online, i get the message saying incorrect login details. I'm sure they're not incorrect, but for the sake of trying to solve the issue i assumed they are. So i go to forgotten password etc, enter in my mobile number and postcode to reset details, and it says 'we can't seem to find you on our system' which suggests i'm not in fact registered... Seems odd because i definitely am, so then i go to 'register new account', input my info etc and try that - this time i get the message saying 'the email address you've given is already registered with us', confirming i am registered.

So i'm simultaneously being told i) my password is incorrect, ii) but i'm not registered on their system, iii) but i can't register because i am already registered on their system...

0 Kudos
tcber
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Endless problems with mobile account

Bump
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The website has been claiming maintenance earlier this morning so might be worth trying again now on the off chance it's started working. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive.

Since you mentioned postcode in your post I wasn't sure...have you tried "Forgotten your password?" (above the login button)? This initially takes email address and phone number only, followed by a texted code and your call centre password.

How many times do you think you have asked them to reset your password over the phone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tcber,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your online account. Thank you for letting us know that the Mobile My Account app works. Has this been sorted out for you yet?

If you are still having problems with this, please let me know.

I'll need to take more information to investigate this for you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Also, bumping your post on the Community Forum pushes it to back of the queue as it looks like there's been a response. If you haven't received a response to your post within two weeks, please notify the moderators.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. Please go to My Account and click on register now. Please enter your mobile number and continue, completing each step.

Once finished, this should register your account and you should be able to login then. Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tcber
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As i mentioned in my first post, when i follow the steps you outlined and go to register now, the system says my email address is already registered. When i then try to log in with my registered email address it doesnt work. When i choose 'forgot my password' the system says my email address isnt recognised.

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry that this still isn't working for you. I have reset this on the server, is this working for you now?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
tcber
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but still no luck.

Email address not recognised if I try to sign in. If I try to register it says my email is already registered. If I try forgot password it says 'sorry an error occurred please try again later'

No idea what else to try.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Sorry that this still hasn't worked for you. I'll send you a PM requesting more details so that I can get this escalated for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tcber,

Thanks for getting in touch via PM. I'm glad to hear that you are now able to log into your online account. Apologies again for the delay in getting this issue resolved for you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos