Menu
Mallon47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit amendment

Hi,
I've got to say I'm very frustrated right now.
Early last month I changed my direct debit date to the 24th of the month as opposed to the 15th. This taken two attempts.
Now I get an email regarding my bill for this month will be taken on the 15th!
I rang and spoke to someone again who said when I rang the bill was already produced when, which is a lie because I rang early January and this bill is dated 31st Jan. Now they're saying it'll still be taken 15th and will not go into affect until next month. I was assured when I rang originally this would be taken into affect this month! They managed to change my bank details straight away so why not the date!
I've had to cancel my direct debit at my bank now to avoid fees!
This is actually ridiculous! Your Web chat never seems to be on either. I don't have the time or energy to keep ringing, I'm an OAP and cannot deal with all of this stress.
I simply want my direct debit to be taken on the 24th of this month and 24th of the month there after.
What is so hard about that?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit amendment

Sadly they can as you have seen be very poor at this. Cancelling your direct debit can cause the phone to be barred for making calls sends SMS that sort of thing, so as soon as you can call in and pay the bill and reinstate the direct debit, normally the phone will be barred after two or three days from cancellation
0 Kudos
Mallon47
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand this but after a few calls regarding this and then asking to speak to a manager to be then put through to the main menu is frustrating.
I have no choice to cancel it, I simply do not have the money in my account for the, hence changing the date to the 24th. I was advised by the person when I rang early January it definitely will be taken 24th Feb.
I cannot afford to be getting bank charges so I was left with no choice.
Tried to speak to them via Web chat and even though it says it's open it always says all advisors are busy and I've checked at least 10 times today to try this.
I just find it to be poor customer service and should not have to ring constantly to see if they've followed through on my request. We should be able to trust them.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mallon47,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with getting your direct debit date changed.

If this hasn't been sorted out for you yet and you would like for me to look into this, I'll need to take more information from you first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos