Menu
BXJBRIAN
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Configuration update requires authentication pin

just changed service from a Moto G 3G to a Moto G4 4G. now being asked for an authentication pin to update Virgin mobile MMS/GPRS (& 2 others) on the new G4.

What is this/how do I find out what this pin is? it is not the SIM lock code (7890) which I have switched off

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Configuration update requires authentication pin

There was a PIN  with the documentation they sent you, can't remember what it was though

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had this when I brought a sim free
Moto G4 and put my Virgin sim-only in it, after about half an hour (seemed like 10 hours) it finished OK without any pin put in.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
BXJBRIAN
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks, checked all information sent to me since I started with Virgin, no such PIN found
0 Kudos
BXJBRIAN
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks. I still have my message so will contact Virgin to understand what's required
0 Kudos
philjw
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded my phone from Moto G 2nd Generation to Moto G 4th Generation and I am having the same problem. I have already spoken to Virgin Mobile and got no where. They suggested typing in 7890 didn't work then the last digits of my number and again didnt work. She spoke to the Technical guys who sent me an email with links to the Virgin website where I found nothing relevant. Finally clicked on the Community site and found this thread. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There's been a post on another thread suggesting that 1234 might work.

I set up a new Moto G4 last month and had these messages, I manually checked the (APN) settings and found that they were already correct so just deleted the configuration messages. The owner hasn't had any problems so far.
0 Kudos
Randell66
Just joined
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I changed my phone from Moto G4 to Moto Z recent;y and also had this nag screen problem, the code I found worked immediately was 1234,

yeah right complex pin eh?  Virgin help desk gave me all kinds of Pin numbers none of which worked.

Entering this Pin just overwrote whatever the original file was with the same data so you can delete the update or not either way seems to make no difference

to the performance of the handset. Not sure why Lenovo have this requirement. 

0 Kudos