Menu
andyh3
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

After trying to transfer a mobile account to another name today and being offered a higher cost and lower spec contract, when I asked for a transfer not a cancellation, then spending an hour on the phone trying to speak to a manager to make a complaint and escalate the call. I asked at least three different staff persons to put me through to a manager who only put me on hold then through to other staff members, one hour later spoke to a manager who informed me that he will contact me in 24hrs after listening to the conversation recording. 

So spent a hour trying to speak to a manager, when I did he wouldn't speak to me until he listened to a tape. He then put then phone down on me. Looked at the online chat tonight no one available so could not use it. No email listing for making complaints. So left with telephoning Virgin which I did today and got guess what!!! I GOT NOWHERE.

Do Virgin treat all customers in such a deplorable manner. And not allow you to make any form of complaint. This seems to be the only way to air my grievances. Spouting to thin air.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Hi andyh3,

here is a guide to Virgin's complaints procedure: Consumer Complaints

As you've already tried phoning and online chat, your other option is by post. You can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Or of course feel free to vent your feelings here Smiley Tongue

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
andyh3
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

But from quickly looking at the Virgin Complaints procedure they aim to answer written complaints within 28 days. So a month to wait and no further forward They have cancelled my previous contract and left me in the wind on pay as you go????????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyh3,

I don't think that it's possible to simply transfer ownership of a pay monthly account as these are contract entered into between the user and VM. Credit checks must first be done.

If you wanted to transfer the mobile number then first cancelling the contract so that the number becomes PAYG makes this possible.

0 Kudos
andyh3
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They managed to transfer my number from vodaphone pay as you go to virgin contract under my father name very easily initially two years ago with one telephone call??

0 Kudos
andyh3
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They were in the process of changing it over before I asked to speak to a manager. Nothing had been said re credit checks or time involved or cancelling contracts for periods of time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

andyh3 wrote:

They managed to transfer my number from vodaphone pay as you go to virgin contract under my father name very easily initially two years ago with one telephone call??

Hi andyh3,

exactly, the number was PAYG.

All that would have been needed was your father to have been offered the contract and a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for your number to bring it across from the Vodafone network.

0 Kudos
andyh3
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But changing a virgin account phone from one name and address to another name in a virgin account address shouldn't need credit checks or PAC code. As household has virgin tv, internet, mobiles already so no credit check required, and phone is not changing provider so no PAC code required.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

andyh3 wrote:

But changing a virgin account phone from one name and address to another name in a virgin account address shouldn't need credit checks or PAC code. As household has virgin tv, internet, mobiles already so no credit check required, and phone is not changing provider so no PAC code required.

Hi andyh3,

no, you won't need a PAC and changing the name on a Pay As You Go SIM is not a problem.

But a credit check is always required when entering into a new contract.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Andy, changing the name on a contract phone account, is not simple, partly due to a contract being a legal obligation and can't just have a name change regardless of it being between family members or not.
Therefore the old contract gets cancelled, a direct debit fr the new contract needs a credit check to confirm the new customer is a viable option and then on passing that a new account, new contract, new direct debit, new phone number all sorted

Toe retain the old number, get a payg sim from a different network, get a PAC from Virgin, port the number over, then obtain a second PAC from the new provider and port the number back onto Virgin.

TBO I'd sooner just cancel with Virgin and open up a new contract elsewhere, less effort, easier to pass the credit check and a 4G service
0 Kudos