Menu
Wdw
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling mobile sim

I am wondering if anyone can help me to cancel my monthly sim card. The sim card was put in an old phone for my daughter to see how responsible she would be with a phone and after months of her not using it at all I have decided to cancel. My problems are:

1. I do not have the phone so cannot text to cancel and also cannot remember how many minutes/texts/data is on it
2. I have never been able to register online as it won't accept my password and tells me to call
3. When I call virgin they have recorded my password with an incorrect spelling so I am unable to pass security as I have no idea how they have spelt it and when they try to verify me by asking questions about my contract or what the last number dialled was I simply don't know the answers as it's not been used for so long (none of the paperwork I have been sent has the contract details on it!)

I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I have attempted twice over the phone and don't simply want to cancel my direct debit in case they log defaults on my credit file. But I also don't want to continue to pay for a service I'm not using at all.

I can understand if I was trying to increase the contract or buy extra things but I am asking to cancel which is my right at any time!

Frustrated!!!! 😠
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling mobile sim

Hey Wdw

Welcome to the community and apologies for the difficulties you've had here. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation and see if I can get some clarification for you. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Wdw

Welcome to the community and apologies for the difficulties you've had here. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation and see if I can get some clarification for you. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Cameliahome
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I ordered a virgin SIM card for £6 deal with minutes and internet and the lady on The phone said it was going to come in 2 days. The problem is that the sim hasn't come yet but I have already received a text telling me that I will be charged for it in 10 days. How can I cancel it as I'm away from the country on holiday and I'm not back until the 10th when they are going to charge me?
0 Kudos