Menu
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia refund policy

After leaving VirginMedia my last bill shows a substantial credit on the account.

Enquiring about a refund, I've been amazed by the VirginMedia policy for refunding last bill credits:

- the refund will be issued 35 days after account closing

- the refund will be paid with a cheque

For the last few years I always paid monthly service charges in advance and with direct debit (I would have been charged extra for other payments forms).

Posting this here in case other people in the process of leaving are wondering where's the money that VirginMedia pulled in excess from their bank accounts.

Why can't VirginMedia pay their dues following the same standards they require from their customers???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: virginmedia refund policy

Hi casaschi, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave Virgin Media. 

When you leave Virgin and your account gets disconnected, we not longer have an agreement in place saying we can keep your Bank Details on file so they, along with other bits of information are removed for security. 

This is why we refund you in the form of a cheque. 

We always make sure we are sending it out asap after the disconnection but 35 days is the longest. 

I hope that gives you a little more of an insight into why we do it the way we do Smiley Happy

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi casaschi, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave Virgin Media. 

When you leave Virgin and your account gets disconnected, we not longer have an agreement in place saying we can keep your Bank Details on file so they, along with other bits of information are removed for security. 

We always make sure we are sending it out asap after the disconnection but 35 days is the longest. 

I hope that gives you a little more of an insight into why we do it the way we do Smiley Happy

Take care, 

Now you are just being silly.

If you want to send money to my bank account, you just have to ask and I'll be glad to give you all the details you need.

The fact remains, the policy for VM to get customers money (by DD in advance; with penalties if I pay with any other mean, such as a cheque) is very different from the policy for VM to refund customers (the most inconvenient and longest way to do the transaction, started only after several days); you really did not need to explain why that is,

Anyway, thanks for the feedback: "we deleted your details but do not worry the cheque is in the mail"

0 Kudos
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

I hope that gives you a little more of an insight into why we do it the way we do

35 days have now passed since the disconnection and I received nothing yet from VirginMedia.

At this point, could you please share some insight about WHERE IS MY REFUND ?

In hindsight, it has been a mistake to let VirginMedia pull the full monthly amount knowing I'd be disconnected shortly afterwards and due a good part of that last payment back as a credit. I should have instead canceled the direct debit be that last payment, then settle the outstanding amount after receiving the closing bill.

0 Kudos
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

A quick note to correct your misleading statement. Talking to a VirginMedia person today, differently from what I had been told by you and before by another VirginMedia representative, it now seems that VirginMedia will only look at processing the refund after 35 days from disconnection. So, 35 days is not the longest, instead it's an arbitrary waiting period where certainly nothing happens with the refund and only after that a refund will be processes and eventually a cheque issued and send to the former customer.

So for me, after more than 35 days from disconnection the feedback was "the cheque will be in the mail soon" Smiley Surprised

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Tell them you are going to charge them interest on the money they owe you!!  35 days + whatever they decide to make you wait is not on..

VM are quick enough to slap a 'late payment' charge if you are  a day late with your payment, give them a taste of their own medicine!!

(once AGAIN, VM's own staff unable to read from the same songsheet!! conflicting information AGAIN Smiley Frustrated)

spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi casaschi, 

Take care, 

Probably the most nonsensical response I have ever read on this forum - which takes some doing

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Another post deliberately being ignored I see...Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi casaschi

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sending a private message to you to help clarify a few things here for you and I hope you get the chance to get back to me on this.

You can find this in the red envelope next to your forum name.

If you need any further support, please let me know.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the private message.
0 Kudos