Menu
Leasun2013
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

refer a friend

I've received my first bill and my £50 refer a friend not been added why is this?? Please
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: refer a friend

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can check to see if you were ever eligible for it or not, but the wait time for a response from a member of that team is about a week.

If you want a quick answer, ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 (Broadband/TV/Phone issues) -> Confirm your details when prompted and it will then pass you to the menu -> Option 4 -> Option 1. Ask them to check your eligibility Refer a Friend (RaF) wise, if you're eligible, your account will have signs of the RaF process on it. The staff member could then sort it out for you if that is present.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can check to see if you were ever eligible for it or not, but the wait time for a response from a member of that team is about a week.

If you want a quick answer, ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 (Broadband/TV/Phone issues) -> Confirm your details when prompted and it will then pass you to the menu -> Option 4 -> Option 1. Ask them to check your eligibility Refer a Friend (RaF) wise, if you're eligible, your account will have signs of the RaF process on it. The staff member could then sort it out for you if that is present.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Leasun2013
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for ur help I rang them but they want me to get my friends account number and ring them back I made it clear I wasn't happy to do this as it should of been put on in the first place, and I will be cancelling my contract at the end as this is not good customer service especially when I'm a new customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leasun2013,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you haven't yet received your refer a friend credit. I've taken a look at the account and I'm not seeing any link from your account to show a referral has been made. 

We'll need to look a little deeper into this so please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. We can take details of the referred account and work backwards from there Smiley Happy 

Let me know how the call goes and by the way, welcome to the Community!! 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Leasun2013
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kath F for taking the time to write, unfortunately I've rang and only way there can help if I go to my friend and get his account details which to me that's a bit personal and I don't want to bother the person while there away on holiday at this current time but I don't understand why this can be mistake as virgin media only got my number to get in touch by this persons account/ referral so it should have been logged on the system

Thank you

Leanne
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leanne, 

In order to be eligible for the Refer a friend you would have needed to fill out the form on this page: Refer a Friend This would have then emailed your friend a link for them to click on and choose a package. 

If your friend went another route, this would mean you're no longer eligible for the credit. 

The account number is needed so we can check which route was followed. As soon as we have this, we can then apply the credit if you're owed it. Give us a call once your friend is back from holiday Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out